Redundant Tax Disc holders.

BT 09:01 19 Oct 14
Answered

Now that we don't need to display a Tax disc, Police in Bolton have come up with a new use for them. Seems a good idea. There is a PDF to download and print out.

The Bolton News

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:23 19 Oct 14

I use mine for car parking tickets

saves them sliding off the dash or sticking to the window leaving a mess.

spuds 11:34 19 Oct 14

Seeing two vehicles yesterday, that were not displaying tax discs made old nature think that there was something suspicious going on, until I realised the new taxation scheme had come into being.

But back to the original subject, which appears to be a good idea on the face of things. Not having seen the print-outs I would not have the knowledge of what the print-outs are requesting information wise. But caution by some might be needed.

For example: User's of disabled badges normally know how to display their badges, but in some cases actually showing the photograph of the disabled person can bring its problems, in situations least expected. On a very few occasions I have seen alarm on the faces of those disabled badge holder's, when I have explained possible outcomes regarding display of information to other member's of the public.

Flak999 12:06 19 Oct 14

I use mine for my National Trust membership sticker.

BT 17:14 19 Oct 14

spuds

If you look at the PDF link from the article, you fill in Emergency Contact Information and Medical Information Then fold it so that the outside just reads 'Emergency Contact Disc' and so no personal information is visible, then slot it into the Tax Disk Holder.

spuds 17:53 19 Oct 14

BT

I noticed that (the folding bit), but knowing what human natures like at times, always best to be cautious.

A copy of the disc click here

Pine Man 10:34 20 Oct 14

Why not just improve the view through your windscreen by removing an unnecessary obstruction from it completely.

Quickbeam 11:15 24 Oct 14

Isn't the UK tax disc to only legal obstruction permissible on a windscreen?

spuds 11:52 24 Oct 14

"Isn't the UK tax disc to only legal obstruction permissible on a windscreen?"

Haven't recalled seeing or hearing about any prosecutions regarding sat-navs, incident cameras, but there might have been a few telling offs for having flags, boxing gloves or large air re-fresheners hanging off the rear view mirror :O)

bumpkin 12:41 24 Oct 14

If the idea takes off then I doubt it will be long before certain companies are turning them out by the thousands with their adverising on the front.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…