Red Padlock

morddwyd 20:02 PM 01 May 11

What happened to the red padlock?

Went to post on a thread, but it had a note saying thread locked.

No sign of a red padlock though.

Woolwell 20:33 PM 01 May 11

There's a padlock symbol on the "bubble" by the thread heading - black not red.

morddwyd 21:29 PM 01 May 11

Ah! I don't get the "bubble" either.

Yet another feature which I don't get on the new site.

Thank you

Forum Editor 22:42 PM 01 May 11

"Yet another feature which I don't get on the new site."

Which browser are you using?

I have just tried the site in IE8, IE9, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Chrome,and Browzar, and the bubble is clearly visible in all of them.

birdface 22:43 PM 01 May 11

morddwyd. It is the same bubble that you see ticked when a thread is resolved.But in it's place is the padlock.

morddwyd 07:35 AM 02 May 11

FE

Because of my ongoing sight problems I have to use some accessibility options in the browsers.

No problem with the old site but the new one negates them so I lose various features.

I use Firefox for reading and Chrome for writing.

buteman

Thanks

See above!

Quickbeam 08:37 AM 02 May 11

It's not as obvious as the red padlock on the old sight. That drew your attention immediately to see who had overstepped the line!

Quickbeam 08:37 AM 02 May 11

...site...

sunnystaines 16:40 PM 02 May 11

my recent thread got awarded the silver padlock, is that one up from the red one?

Bingalau 17:36 PM 02 May 11

Whichever colour padlock matters not as long as it is locked. Anyone would think it was an award like the Congressional Medal of Honor.

dagbladet 17:44 PM 02 May 11

On the contrary, I'm intrigued. What does the silver padlock signify? I've only ever triggered a red and that was way back. I think for calling Gandalf something less than polite.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? Windows 10 is now available, so do you have to upgrade? 8 reasons…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

How to run Windows 10 on Mac: How to run Windows 10 using Boot Camp or VirtualBox to install…