Recession Conspiracy Theory?

Colin 19:27 14 Dec 08

This is not my personal opinion so please don’t shoot me down in flames and forgive me if this has already been mentioned, but a thought ocurred to me today that maybe the recession is being caused deliberately by western governments. The reason being that to kick start the economy we need a war. The car manufacturing plants in America and elsewhere can stop making cars and start making military vehicles etc instead. All they need is another excuse to invade a Middle Eastern country, then saying that thousands of jobs will be created to produce whatever is needed to fight the war. In one step they cure the recession, secure oil reserves for the foreseeable future and control the Middle East. It’s been tried twice before in Iraq, so maybe third time lucky, which is not the right phrase, I know. It’s probably a load of tosh, but sometimes truth is stranger than fiction.

cream. 19:31 14 Dec 08

"This is not my personal opinion "

"but a thought ocurred to me today that maybe the recession is being caused deliberately by western governments"

Mmmmmmmmm let me work that one out.

Kevscar1 20:09 14 Dec 08

cream
obviously someoe else has control of his brain and is feeding him these thoughts.

lotvic 20:19 14 Dec 08

A Tinfoil hat will provide some protection against these thoughts.
You can buy tinfoil in the supermarkets, they sell it for wrapping turkeys.

Colin 20:19 14 Dec 08

Thanks for your constructive comments. What I mean is that I personally don't think that this is the case but who knows? Are you aware of the concept of debate?

AL47 20:37 14 Dec 08

nah disagree completely war is expensive

Colin 20:59 14 Dec 08

AL47 - you're probably right. However, it could easily be used as an idea for a book or film.

lotvic 21:15 14 Dec 08

We already have a war it's in Afghanistan click here and so far 100 members of the British military have died since the war began in Oct 2001.
You can see their photos here click here and learn more about them.

War is bad

lotvic 21:26 14 Dec 08

correction
'so far 100 members of the British military have died'
should read
'so far more than a 100 members of the British military have died'

peter99co 21:26 14 Dec 08

I think the Government has already borrowed more than WW1 cost. Seems like it anyway.

WhiteTruckMan 21:40 14 Dec 08

have you got your correction bass ackwards?

WTM

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced