Rebekah Brooks arrested by hacking police

john 52 18:29 17 Jul 11
  zzzz999 18:45 17 Jul 11
  john 52 19:05 17 Jul 11

Very true fourm member

interzone55 19:20 17 Jul 11

I'm thinking that the police have arrested her deliberately to stymie the commons questioning, as there's some quite damaging questions to be answered about payments to serving police officers...

Legolas 13:16 19 Jul 11

Got to agree with the above response. Her lawyer said that the police had made no formal allegations and had shown no proof of any involvement in the phone hacking affair, so the cynic in me would suggest that by arresting her the police have done a great job of making her appearance (if she appears) at the planned Select Committee a non event and would prevent her from saying anything that might give further proof of police collusion in the whole affair. As I said the cynic in me might say that but I wouldn't dream of it.

wee eddie 14:06 19 Jul 11

Sub-Judice

wee eddie 15:36 19 Jul 11

I'm sure that the Murdoch's performance will be well thought out, choreographed and practised. Every possible question will have been planned for, over the last few days and whatever way they appear to react will be part of that plan.

Remember Fred The Shred's pre-Senile Dementia Defence, funny how that seems to have disappeared since he was acquitted!

bremner 17:34 19 Jul 11

Am I the only person who is disappionted that Murdoch left his white cat behind.

Joseph Kerr 17:41 19 Jul 11

Fewer people may want to move against him now, thanks to some idiot with some shaving foam.

morddwyd 07:22 20 Jul 11

"I expect to see institutional shareholders in News Corp move against him based on this performance."

News Corp shares rise 6%

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/phone-hacking/8648445/Phone-hacking-News-Corp-shares-rise-almost-6pc-as-Rupert-and-James-Murdoch-appear-before-Select-Committee.html

Still means an overall drop, but any action should be tinged with caution- he is still mighty powerful.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…