Is this for real?

wolfie3000 20:32 03 Jun 06

Made me feel sick.

Comments please.

click here

folder4mags 20:35 03 Jun 06

Oh yes, they have been around for about 2 or 3 years, all harmless if you eat them!

wolfie3000 20:36 03 Jun 06

Just the idea of chewing on insects turns my stomach i guess some other people have stronger stomachs than me.

Mr Mistoffelees 21:19 03 Jun 06

And that is certainly not my own!!

ade.h 21:35 03 Jun 06

They're a little like the "delicacies" that you'll find on market stalls in some Asian countries; rows of insects and other small creatures (scorpions, even newborn crocodiles) fried on skewers! Mmmm, lovely. Not.

octal 22:36 03 Jun 06

Its understandable you feeling sick about the thought of eating insects, because you've never been brought up to eat them. If you had then the person who exclusively eat insects would look at you and feel disgusted at you eating other mammals like lambs, pigs and beef. I'm not a veggie, I love my beef too much, its just a different take on things.

I couldn't eat them either, I think its 'orrid.

rmcqua 22:48 03 Jun 06

Once when on business in Singapore I was taken to dinner to a "speciality" restaurant. My boss was with me and I think our hosts wanted to test his gastronomic capabilities (he had a reputation for being a meat and 2 veg man who did not enjoy travelling to far flung places). The speciality was INSECTS, each with their own claimed therapeutic benefit. It was a 8 or so course meal and each course featured a different kind of insect. The memory has faded but I distinctly recall crispy fried ants, a small scorpion (venom apparently denatured by cooking), grasshoppers coated in chocolate. It was an interesting meal, but not one that I would care to repeat. My boss got the distinct impression that he had been set up, and it took me ages to persuade him that I had not been party to it!

wolfie3000 00:03 04 Jun 06

I can understand other cultures having different culinary tastes to ours, i just dont understand why firebox want to sell ice lollies with insects in them i guess there novel but i cant see them being a huge seller here.

Forum Editor 09:48 04 Jun 06

delicious! No different to eating say, prawns.

ade.h 14:54 04 Jun 06

I hate prawns.

wolfie3000 23:13 04 Jun 06

I like prawns especially king prawns in a curry yum!.

FE i cant comment on insects tasting either bad of good as iv never had the chance to try them,

I guess i need to try insects before commenting on them but its just the idea of putting bugs in my mouth ewwwwww.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…