Re that 'obnoxious' thread.

Brumas 20:37 15 Oct 07

Perhaps we should have a new Forum specifically for all those people who like to “tell it as it is” or “do not suffer fools gladly”. People who like calling “a spade a spade”, caring nothing for any offence real or implied that others may read into it. There would be no need for decorum, good manners or sound, well constructed advice, debate or reasoning proffered by decent, ordinary family oriented folk – just a free for all where anything goes (the subject matter would be inconsequential – you could argue about anything you wanted to). It could be called The Bear Pit or Contentious Corner ;-^

I believe the reason this forum is so ‘evergreen’ is because it is always topical, well policed, family oriented and generally ‘good neighbourly’ in its approach.

Before all you radicals scream “get a life! are you living in a real world?” don’t bother – I’ve been there, done that and had the tee-shirt ripped off my back in the process!

FungusBoggieman 21:01 15 Oct 07

sounds good to me :@}
need to get a few things of me chest ^^
and thats not the hairs""""
sorry for being so sarcastic
and for any spellin mistaks
I cant spell to well.

Brumas 21:28 15 Oct 07

You do not have to be sorry for anything - you're just a big softee ;o)

Bingalau 21:36 15 Oct 07

Brumas. I agree, providing I am one of the people not allowed to enter in the new forum.

gardener 21:41 15 Oct 07

There are plenty of forums out there if anyone wants to get stuck in to a good argument. What makes me laugh about some of the posters (not in these forums) is that their spelling is atrocious, except for the expletives, which always seem to be spelt correctly.

mrwoowoo 21:45 15 Oct 07

Best idea i've ever heard,or is it rubbish and i'm being sarcastic?
Would this mean we have to be extra polite on the other forums and forfeit our right to the odd little dig here and there?
Would we be given a public warning for being too polite and helpful? Really Brumas you should have made the rules to your new forum quite clear in the first place otherwise it will be anarchy.Hey! i get it,thats the whole idea(O:!
Lets do it.

Brumas 21:50 15 Oct 07

I have to say - I would not frequent the new forum myself, having nailed my colours to the mast so to speak.It would stand for everything I abhor plus I would miss old Bingalau ;o))

youtruth 22:00 15 Oct 07

"O please, after you sir".

"Oh no sir, after you".

"No, after you sir".

And after only 5 mins of this continual air head civility -

"Move it sado".

"Cheers mate"

Excellent removal of the sly trojan nice ones.

Forum Editor 22:12 15 Oct 07

because it's not going to happen.

Brumas 22:14 15 Oct 07

Of course this forum would be self -moderating, you seem a likely candidate, I'll put you down as a Yes then?

Brumas 22:16 15 Oct 07

I'm pretty sure you know I posted this with my tongue very firmly pressed into my cheek!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…