Re Holiday in France

rawprawn 13:22 21 Jun 09

Reference click here

FE suggested I might let you all know what it was like, well it was absolutely great for me and my wife. Quiet but with lots to do, I can recommend that part of France the countryside is beautifully fresh and lush, the roads are virtually empty, and the locals friendly.
We went walking, got lost and met a guy from Essex who had bought a Château and 350 acres of land on which we were lost.
Fished for the biggest carp I have seen with moderate success,while watching Kingfishers and seeing the odd otter.
Lovely Medieval towns to visit in the area all worth visiting and the owners of the gite in which we stayed were really welcoming and made our stay perfect.
The only fly in the ointment was when we were out we got caught in the most violent storm I have ever seen (I have seen quite a few I used to live in the Blue Mountains NSW)Just managed to get the car back after getting stuck in a mud slide with fallen trees all around. We were rescued within 15 minutes by a Frenchman and his buddy with a chainsaw and a lot of muscle.
Still that is what makes memorable holidays!!!

rdave13 14:42 21 Jun 09

Sounds like you had a great time. Any photos?

rawprawn 14:51 21 Jun 09

Yes I have some I will have a look and see what I can do.

mrwoowoo 15:30 21 Jun 09

I would love to know the size and type of carp you managed to land.
My best is only 20lb.)O:!
Did your wife mind you fishing away whilst on holiday?

rawprawn 15:37 21 Jun 09

The best I caught was about 9lbs but there were really big ones there, I was told the biggest caught was 26lbs. There were also Chubb and Barbel.
No my wife didn't mind although I only went for 2 or 3 hours about 3 times, the gite had all the equipment, and the walk to the fishing was about 100m

rawprawn 16:19 21 Jun 09

I have tried posting some pic on Photobucket, but they seem to be having problems. Busy server I would guess.

rawprawn 17:05 21 Jun 09

There are some photos here, it is the gite web page and I don't want to advertise but it may give you an idea,
click here

rdave13 17:23 21 Jun 09

Not the same as your own photos. Maybe you can try the competition here?

rawprawn 17:30 21 Jun 09

Yes I have entered the competition so we will wait and see.

anchor 16:29 22 Jun 09

My wife and I are off this week to France for 18 days. A different sort of holiday; touring in the car. We like it.

The Satnav will be invaluable.

rawprawn 16:52 22 Jun 09

Enjoy, but watch the SatNav carefully. Ours took us to a dead end miles from anywhere and I had to back up a long way to turn round. I have found the instruction "Turn Right" or "Turn Left" can be misleading if the road happens to naturally bend that way at a small junction, which is what happened to us but then we were out in the sticks!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…