Rare guitars found after 50 years

peter99co 12:26 15 Apr 09

discovered in the basement of a house in Cheltenham.

click here

Esc4p3 13:58 15 Apr 09

and the guy who bought them doesn't even play, sacrelige.....I quite fancy the butterscotch one on the far right hand side..

Si_L 16:41 15 Apr 09

but I don't think any of them have anything special about them, hard to say without having a proper look but they all look quite ugly.

Its a shame that the guy doesn't play, I think he would appreciate them more if he could.

Forum Editor 18:18 15 Apr 09

It's called a Black Bison, and is OK, but not my favourite by any means.

Finding a collection like this in a cellar is an astonishing thing - the kind of event that guitar enthusiasts fantasise about.

Bingalau 20:35 15 Apr 09

FE. You have mentioned a few times that one of your hobbies is playing guitar. I wish I could. But how about you having a bash at getting on to "Britain's Got Talent". I'm sure if Paul Potts can win, that you should also stand a chance. Please don't ask what logic is behind that idea. Maybe you just need a bit of egging-on from some more of our forumites.

dagbladet 20:44 15 Apr 09

Oh dear.

Clapton is God 21:08 15 Apr 09

With reference to Bingalau's 'suggestion'.

Er, please ignore him. He's obviously been at the laughing juice again.

Bingalau 21:58 15 Apr 09

C is G. You never know The one and only FE may well be another (very modest) Eric Clapton in disguise.

If there was such a thing as laughing juice my grand children would be feding it to me all the time. They reckon I don't laugh enough.

Forum Editor 22:46 15 Apr 09

Your faith in my playing ability is touching, but...

1. I'm not remotely good enough to think of entering such a contest.

2. If I was good enough I would be doing other things.

I play for my own amusement. Once upon a time I played in a band, but we had more enthusiasm than talent - a fact that was probably immediately apparent to our audiences, but took a while to get through to us. After a couple of eventful but musically unproductive years it dawned on us that we weren't destined for stadium rock, and we went our separate ways. The real Eric Clapton has nothing whatever to fear from me - I'm happy murdering various Delta blues classics on a regular and private basis.

Bingalau 09:39 16 Apr 09

Oh well it was worth asking.. Enjoy your hobby as I do know it will take your mind off other things when doing it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now