Radio Synchronised Clock

morddwyd 20:56 PM 19 Oct 11

Why has my wife's radio synchronised clock suddenly started reading four hours slow?

It's not the battery, the clock keeps perfect time, except that it is four hours, exactly four hours, out.

Menzie 21:43 PM 19 Oct 11

I have a radio controlled clock and ended up disabling the self-setting feature as one night it set itself 2 hours behind.

Thankfully I saw this before I went to sleep otherwise I would have been late for work the following morning.

Now I just use the self setting feature if the battery runs out and I put a new one in and then turn off the self setting feature again once this is done.

Woolwell 22:11 PM 19 Oct 11

4 hrs slow = Eastern USA. Is there a setting for GMT or is it picking up a USA signal?

Quickbeam 22:46 PM 19 Oct 11

Mine did that last month, after several tries with removing the batteries and replacing them, I left them out overnight and then it was OK.

spuds 23:38 PM 19 Oct 11

Would it have anything to do with transmitter location area changes?.

Aitchbee 23:44 PM 19 Oct 11

If it's under guarantee, take it back for a new one, or your money back.

octal 06:10 AM 20 Oct 11

It's very unlikely its picking up another MSF transmitter, our nearest one is in the USA which is on the same frequency and it's unlikely to be that one because the one in Anthorn is a much stronger signal, I think it is a problem with the radio not decoding the signals properly.

morddwyd 07:00 AM 20 Oct 11

No settings on it at all other than a change of battery.

It's several years old, so it might just be packing up.

I might try leaving the battery out overnight as a "reset" though.

Quickbeam 07:20 AM 20 Oct 11

As with mine the battery out for a long period may work, if it didn't I was going to bin it the next day.

That reminds me, the biannual clocks changing topic will be here soon, I know we all just love that one... last of the summer wine springs to mind for our behavioural pattern then;)

Chegs ®™ 11:10 AM 20 Oct 11

My satnav has recently decided its staying 1 hour behind,even setting to to 1 hour ahead of actual time doesnt work as the instant I switch to "Navigation" mode,it drops behind 1 hour.It might manage to retain the correct time when summer time ends,or it might then decide to drop 2 hours behind,"only time will tell" :)

spuds 13:33 PM 20 Oct 11

It makes you wonder how the old time town and country 'knocker-up' use to get on, and how far out their clock was?.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

OS X Yosemite vs Windows 10: The Mac and PC operating systems go head to head UPDATED