Quote of the day

Newuser2 08:27 23 Jul 04

This appeared on a news letter I recieved.
Quote of the day
"The idea that Bill Gates has appeared like a knight in shining armor to lead all his customers out of a mire of technological chaos neatly ignores the fact that it was he who by peddling second-hand, second-rate technology, led them all into it in the first place."
Douglas Adams, author.

pcwhizz 16:35 23 Jul 04

AMEN

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:34 23 Jul 04

Douglas Adams rarely had anything interesting or lucid to say. The above statement is no exception.

G

Forum Editor 17:40 23 Jul 04

than getting a cheap laugh at someone else's expense - especially when they can't defend themselves. Douglas Adams' comment simply confirms my long-held view about him, and presupposes that we're all a bunch of addle-headed sheep, who haven't a brain between us.

Dorsai 18:57 23 Jul 04

Maybee.

But i thought the books were funny. and how recently did he say this anyway. Didn't he pass away over 2 years ago?

But of course, no one forced us to follow Bill, as he led us into the mire, if indeed a mire it was.

watchful 21:41 26 Jul 04

The books are funny - if we're talking 'the' Douglas Adams.
Especially 'The Meaning of Liff' which I keep next to my comp. It contains a wealth of password-friendly names and makes me laugh every time I dip into it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…