Quotations

Brumas 16:43 09 Jan 07

One of the many factual books I received for Christmas was The Oxford Dictionary of Thematic Quotations. I am forever dipping into it and I find it so interesting and absorbing that I have to stop myself reading it through like a book – am I beyond help?

I stopped reading Fiction long, long ago as I find true accounts, biographies and books based on actual fact equally as exciting and engrossing – they don’t say Fact is often stranger than Fiction for nothing!

Do other forum members have a similar predilection?

Of course I must finish with a couple of Quotations on Quotations.

“It is a good thing for an uneducated man to read books of quotations”
Winston Churchill

“I know heaps of quotations, so I can always make quite a fair show of knowledge.”
O.Douglas

Watchful 17:43 09 Jan 07

I do. I have an old copy of the Concise Oxford Dictionary of Quotations and dip into it all the time. I also enjoy reading a dictionary and often get carried away whilst looking up a word. I need carrying away......right?!

Brumas 17:56 09 Jan 07

Perhaps we should form a club - we could meet in a phonebox :oO

Mr Mistoffelees 18:12 09 Jan 07

Been there, done that :-)

click here

Watchful 20:20 09 Jan 07

Sorry, don't do phone books.LOL

bluto1 20:26 09 Jan 07

I love reference books, my favourite being The Timetable of History. So many fascinating facts on "the way we used to live".
Sad, eh?

Brumas 13:55 10 Jan 07

The telephone box will be quite big enough to meet in as there only appears to be the three of us in this 'club' :oO

Watchful 15:19 10 Jan 07

True. Perhaps the others are just shy?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…