Quite remarkable ... David Coleman.

Aitchbee 22:18 21 Dec 13

The Top Sports' Commentator has died aged 87. His 'relay team' are not in the same league or can even compare to his 'cutting edge' comments on Olympics or anything athletics ... R.I.P.

QuizMan 22:46 21 Dec 13

A good athletics commentator, but rubbish at football.

Sad to see him go, but why on earth did the BBC headline it on their 10 o'clock news when there were more important stories in Lockerbie and Syria to cover first?

rdave13 23:03 21 Dec 13

QuizMan, I agree, a simple tribute at the end of the news would have been more poignant I think.

The more that go, we know, then the nearer we are ourselves..

Aitchbee 23:12 21 Dec 13

Quizman and rdave13 ... obviously, you have never both carried a baton ...

morddwyd 08:31 22 Dec 13

"why on earth did the BBC headline it on their 10 o'clock news when there were more important stories in Lockerbie and Syria to cover first?"

Because he was a BBC "personality".

Have you never noticed that a news item involving the BBC, unless it's criticism, gets priority over everything?

Quickbeam 09:56 22 Dec 13

Must have been his baton skills that swung it.

spuds 10:14 22 Dec 13

To me he is just another sports commentator who was paid to do a job, and lived to a ripe or reasonable age.

morddwyd comments sums it up about right.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…