A quick fun question - no cheating!

David Price 12:33 11 Mar 11

We had this question on our company newsletter, and I thought it would be interesting to try it out in Speakers' Corner.

Right now, how many web browser tabs have you got open?

I'll start - 10 tabs, all in one Chrome window.

Over to you!

David Price
PC Advisor

jakimo 13:04 11 Mar 11

You would probably find it very taxing to have more than one open at a time

gengiscant 13:05 11 Mar 11

interzone55 13:09 11 Mar 11

Three in Chrome, but just back from lunch, so it will go up to maybe 7 or 8 in a short while as I do some research, plus two in IE, required as our work portal doesn't seem to like Chrome or Firefox.

For reference I've also got Outlook 2007 running, and Excel 2007 with 3 spreadsheets open, plus a SAP R3 session going and using around 2% of my quad core i5 CPU and 51% of my 4gb RAM.

Kevscar1 13:11 11 Mar 11

Never use tabs 6 windows open.

Quickbeam 13:11 11 Mar 11

6 in Firefox, 4 of them are regular home tabs.

Noldi 13:31 11 Mar 11

1 but im supposed to be working.

Noldi

Chegs ®™ 13:37 11 Mar 11

I use firefox & scroll down the forum homepage clicking the thread titles that interest me(middle mouse button)which can mean upto 40-50 tabs open,presently 27.I also have the main forum page set to auto-refresh every few minutes so I don't miss anything,unfortunately I don't visit PCA as often as I used to as I have other places I visit for very long periods.

smartpoly 14:05 11 Mar 11

Wow, having read this thread I have opened a 2nd tab for the first time. I see now how it works and will no doubt have a few more open from time to time.

Learn something new every day.

My other tab is showing the BBC news.

Belatucadrus 14:21 11 Mar 11

SparkyJack 14:42 11 Mar 11

You may have others tabbed and in the top bar for selection but the one you are looking at is the only one that is 'Open' surely.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…