a quesion on garden decking

sunnystaines 09:55 06 Nov 13

I need access under garden decking not sure if its put together with special screws or nails instead of a phillips screw head or flat nail head they have a small square indentation i presume i can undo these with an allen key of some sort. anyone offer advice please

Quickbeam 10:12 06 Nov 13

It sounds like they're nail gun nails. If so just prise the boards up and use crosshead screws to replace them using the same holes.

woodchip 10:24 06 Nov 13

You can by Screws that Use different types of Keys to fit Extract used in a Drill Driver Try Screwfix

Look hear under Screws and Nails

Link is to Decking

click here

woodchip 10:25 06 Nov 13

PS for Access you need to create a trap door, that does not need loads of screws removing

bumpkin 12:41 06 Nov 13

This is a handy little kit that fits almost everything, I use mine a lot.

click here

bumpkin 12:43 06 Nov 13

The top picture of the red case and bits is the one I mean.

sunnystaines 15:57 06 Nov 13

had a look at the links, but no pics of screw head to see what i have they look like rough cut squares in the head, not hex shaped.

surprised there is no access gate made.

Forum Editor 17:48 06 Nov 13

Screws that are commonly used for decking include a screw called Fastenmaster, made by Timberloc. They have hexagonal heads however. I don't know of any decking screw with a square head.

woodchip 17:50 06 Nov 13

You can also get them with torks bit heads

bumpkin 18:34 06 Nov 13

Here are some screws click here

spuds 19:29 06 Nov 13

Check the Toolstation or Screwfix catalogues or websites, to see if there is an indication to the fixtures used on your assembly. Both companies provide all the fixings and equipment for fixing decking, but sometimes the decking might be nailed down, depending on who laid it?.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…