Putting your foot in it

Nellie2 00:52 16 Jul 04

I frequent a few forums and message boards and now and then I will answer a question or put forward an opinion... and inadvertantly upset someone or just get on the wrong side of them. I really hate this because I'm not a confrontational sort of person. It is very difficult when you are just dealing with the written word to make yourself fully understood in the way that you want to... I have a bit of a dry sense of humour too and sometimes that doesn't come accross too well either.

Plus... once you have hit that send button, it is very difficult to unsend it.

GANDALF <|:-)> 01:13 16 Jul 04

This is something that has never bothered me in the slightest ;-))

norman47 01:24 16 Jul 04

and I do believe you mean that with total sincerity. ;-)))

Nell, I agree click here.

spuds 01:56 16 Jul 04

Lifes to short to worry, but I know what you mean. As you get older, you will realise that things turn to your maturity level, and you tend to express your thought and feelings in such a way, which you may or may not regret later, and especially after you have pressed that send button, verbal or otherwise. Personally I am at the 'tender' age, when I don't give a dam to most things .Take a point in question. You only have to look at Gandalf the magician [grumpy but sensible and wise 'person'at times ;o)].

What brought this on then, someone been having a go at you, which we should perhaps know about!.

Dan the Confused 02:54 16 Jul 04

I've never had this problem because everyone loves me.

Djohn 03:01 16 Jul 04

I misunderstood a post from nel whom I hold in the highest regard and consider her as a friend. I know this upset her so I have mailed nel a private and personal apology.

It happened in a small but friendly forum, I have apologised in there, not many people will see it but they will in here!

Nel, I'm truly sorry for completely and utterly misunderstanding your post. I feel not only stupid and embarrassed but guilty for causing your upset. My sincere apologies. j.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…