Putting an End to Wasteful Spending

fourm member 11:32 AM 28 Jan 13

We all know that government spending is being prioritised to focus on the important stuff.

I'm so pleased to learn that when someone offers to pass me a joint at a party they don't mean a leg of lamb. How have I got to 61 without knowing that?

New Talk to Frank adverts

Quickbeam 12:03 PM 28 Jan 13

If anyone's that confused their drug problem is much worse than they thought!

But you can however get on a pleasing high from a hot chilli wrap...

lotvic 17:32 PM 28 Jan 13

I did notice: "Comments are disabled for this video"

Shame that, would have been interesting to see what those who weren't rendered speechless had to say.

Aitchbee 17:45 PM 28 Jan 13

I don't want to 'waste' my 1 gb stash of Mobile Broadband allowance ... so I cannot make a [coherant] contribution to this post ... 'Youtube' is an 'addiction' I cannot afford.

fourm member 17:56 PM 28 Jan 13

Aitchbee

Sorry. Thoughtless of me.

Here's the Home Office press release describing the adverts.

wiz-king 18:06 PM 28 Jan 13

You have obviously not read your Daily Wail well enough.

Aitchbee 18:24 PM 28 Jan 13

Thanks, fm. As someone who has never dabbled into drugs [apart from the prescribed ones I have 'been on' for many years], this appears to be a useful campaign which will help some young people from trying out potentially harmful substances.

fourm member 19:06 PM 28 Jan 13

Aitchbee

I think you need to see the videos to understand just how stupid and misdirected they are.

The 17% of 11-15 year olds who have tried drugs at least once are very hard to reach and these adverts won't do it. That makes them an enormous waste of money.

Aitchbee 19:55 PM 28 Jan 13

fm, I will have a look at the vids on other people's computers. I do not doubt what you are saying ... and you could be right.

I do not have much contact with young people, day to day, so can only view this subject from a distance.

lotvic 20:48 PM 28 Jan 13

Having watched the most peculiar advert, I thought maybe the website would make more sense. There I found a complete a-z of drugs, common names, use and effects, how long in body, etc etc. I'm not sure how I feel about that sort of availability of knowledge, it's almost like a user manual (excuse the unintentional pun)

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites