Putting an End to Wasteful Spending

fourm member 28 Jan 13

We all know that government spending is being prioritised to focus on the important stuff.

I'm so pleased to learn that when someone offers to pass me a joint at a party they don't mean a leg of lamb. How have I got to 61 without knowing that?

New Talk to Frank adverts

Quickbeam 28 Jan 13

If anyone's that confused their drug problem is much worse than they thought!

But you can however get on a pleasing high from a hot chilli wrap...

lotvic 28 Jan 13

I did notice: "Comments are disabled for this video"

Shame that, would have been interesting to see what those who weren't rendered speechless had to say.

Aitchbee 28 Jan 13

I don't want to 'waste' my 1 gb stash of Mobile Broadband allowance ... so I cannot make a [coherant] contribution to this post ... 'Youtube' is an 'addiction' I cannot afford.

fourm member 28 Jan 13

Aitchbee

Sorry. Thoughtless of me.

Here's the Home Office press release describing the adverts.

wiz-king 28 Jan 13

You have obviously not read your Daily Wail well enough.

Aitchbee 28 Jan 13

Thanks, fm. As someone who has never dabbled into drugs [apart from the prescribed ones I have 'been on' for many years], this appears to be a useful campaign which will help some young people from trying out potentially harmful substances.

fourm member 28 Jan 13

Aitchbee

I think you need to see the videos to understand just how stupid and misdirected they are.

The 17% of 11-15 year olds who have tried drugs at least once are very hard to reach and these adverts won't do it. That makes them an enormous waste of money.

Aitchbee 28 Jan 13

fm, I will have a look at the vids on other people's computers. I do not doubt what you are saying ... and you could be right.

I do not have much contact with young people, day to day, so can only view this subject from a distance.

lotvic 28 Jan 13

Having watched the most peculiar advert, I thought maybe the website would make more sense. There I found a complete a-z of drugs, common names, use and effects, how long in body, etc etc. I'm not sure how I feel about that sort of availability of knowledge, it's almost like a user manual (excuse the unintentional pun)

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Behind the scenes at Silverstone, the 70th British Grand Prix: Hisense starts UK push with Red…

How Found created this skateboard, bike and parkour stunts-laden, single-take car ad

Apple Pay UK launch date, UK user guide and participating UK banks | Apple Pay to launch in UK on 1?…

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message