Public Figures Who Have Been Jailed

oresome 15:12 PM 14 Oct 13

Am I alone in thinking they should lay low and show some remorse and shame after leaving prison?

I don't want to see book launches and television appearances etc. and them generally capitalising on their misdeed.

Mr Mistoffelees 15:24 PM 14 Oct 13

Don't blame the disgraced public figures, blame the saps who lap it all up and make it worth their while.

Forum Editor 17:38 PM 14 Oct 13

You might be right in thinking that people should show remorse and shame, but their view may be different.

They might say that they have served their sentence, and that their debt to society has thereby been discharged. They might say that there's a good market for such books and TV appearances, so why shouldn't they take advantage of the fact?

That's what they might say.

WhiteTruckMan 18:21 PM 14 Oct 13

Served their sentence?

Can anyone name a single person who has actually served their sentence? Instead of a half, quarter or even an eighth of it?

WTM

Aitchbee 18:24 PM 14 Oct 13

A local disgraced 'public figure', who was recently jailed for 3 years for lying in court, managed to 'inspire' a stage-play called, " I, Tommy " at the famous Pavillion Theatre in Glasgow.

click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:02 PM 14 Oct 13

"I wasn't lying your honour, it just political spin"

Expecting a politician to tell the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth. is like expecting the sun not to rise in the East.

spuds 19:11 PM 14 Oct 13

Perhaps off subject, but I know of 'public figures' who have pleaded on serious medical grounds that they are totally unfit to attend court, and the case as been dismissed.

Yet these very same, appear later making well to do for themselves. And no further action is taken?.

morddwyd 19:30 PM 14 Oct 13

Good job Nelson Mandela didn't think like that.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus launch live: What to expect from Apple's 9 September 2015…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites