Psst - don't let the FE see this!

TOPCAT® 20:27 16 May 05

His beloved Apple Power Mac G5 is reviewed below, but I fear he will not be allowed to get one in case his affections stray too far! :o))) TC.

click here

The Apple Power Mac G5 received more than just a new OS in recent weeks. Not only do Power Macs come preloaded with the new Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger, they also boast faster G5 processors, better graphics and larger hard drives.

Check back soon for our full review of a souped-up dual 2.7GHz system.

Border Collie 20:36 16 May 05

The FE is so good to us I suggest a whip round for him.

TOPCAT® 20:43 16 May 05

If his affections do stray I reckon I know who'll be handling the whip alright! TC.

powerless 20:53 16 May 05

If I were to buy one of them, I wouldn't. To powerful for my needs...

iMac - Probably.

Mac Mini is fine at the moment!

Forum Editor 21:26 16 May 05

I've got just the space for it on my desk.

Mr Mistoffelees 21:42 16 May 05

"If I were to buy one of them, I wouldn't."...?

Buchan 35 21:56 16 May 05

Whose turn is it to be whipped round?

Border Collie 22:07 16 May 05

Probably me Buchan 35, I'm gonna demand 50% commission on all he gets. :)

Indigo 1 11:14 17 May 05

In that review it says "internal and external expansion options are lacking for such a high-end system" although it says "You can also select two 400GB drives, for a total of 800GB of storage", and it also says "we are holding our applause until Apple addresses some of our expansion concerns".

How much space do you need ?

Why would anyone need more expansion options ?

Surely an computer of those specs would be used in an office environment and probably on a LAN so it would make more sense to have a separate computer for mass storage.

Forum Editor 20:12 17 May 05

Machines like that are used extensively in the video-production business, where the file sizes are measured in multiple gigabytes - the larger the drives the better.

My brother owns and runs a leading multi-media production company, and he has a row of G5s in his edit suite. They run a timeline across multiple screens when they're editing, and they're shifting huge chunks of data from machine to machine.

p;3 18:47 20 May 05

F.E. you are allowed a desk to work at?

such luxury::))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…