Pssssst! Want to win a £250 prize?

Forum Editor 00:12 13 May 06

Think you're any good at upgrading computers?

click here

Belatucadrus 00:51 13 May 06

I really really don't recommend anybody take part in this competition, it's incredibly difficult and I don't think anybody else should even try.
Give up now, save on disappointment later.

wolfie3000 04:37 13 May 06

just want to wish everyone who takes part good luck!!

Forum Editor 10:13 13 May 06

Nice try.

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:16 13 May 06

Anyone suggesting whacking a Linux OS on will be taken outside and made to use an Amstrad 8256 computer......

G

DrScott 12:43 13 May 06

Linux would mean you could do a considerably better upgrade for the other components, but I suspect such a change in OS would not be seen as an appropriate upgrade.

Good luck to everyone else who takes part, though I'll save a bit of luck for myself too. It's actually more challenging that it at first appears...

Forum Editor 12:49 13 May 06

and you'll be fine. The skill is in getting the most bang for your bucks within the terms of the brief.

Totally-braindead 13:46 13 May 06

I entered and of course will win so the rest of you needn't bother even entering. Now what will I spend the money on.............

Belatucadrus 17:16 13 May 06

Don't go over the top as you'll max out at £200, I've already got first dibs on the £250.
Which only leaves £120 for anyone else, Like I said. Give up before it's too late !!!

Totally-braindead 17:36 13 May 06

Well Belatucadrus what can I say?

I know.

You're wrong I will win.

I've a secret weapon, I've managed to increase the speed of the PC by 10ms without spending any money at all.

Of course dropping it off a cliff does have a downside, it will increase its speed dramatically but won't last long depending on the cliff height.

Sethhaniel 15:55 15 May 06

which enterprising firm will get the results and make their fortune turning out cheaper computers ;0

think the prize should be upped ;)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…