Problems searching the forum

G0lfer 12:34 15 Jan 06

Having read the previous thread about the Microsoft Flash ad I do not wish to offend the FE - I fully understand why it's there and accept/support this.

However it is (I think) causing another problem or maybe it's just me with limited skills not being able to get round this - any help is gratefully appreciated.

When I try to do a "Search forum" I can't get the cursor to go into the search box. I can click the Go button OK - that part works fine.

When you change page you can click on the search box.......... until the flash ad starts up. Hmmm

Again, this is not a moan about the flash ad, I just want to be able to search on what is a super forum with a huge data base of useful data frequented by a lot of really helpful clued up people.

G0lfer 12:38 15 Jan 06

Should have also said - I'm using IE

The problems in the other thread were associated with the Firefox browser.

Forum Editor 12:46 15 Jan 06

I know how irritating it is not to have access to the search facility. The problem is being caused by the Microsoft ad, and we'll be looking into this on Monday.

G0lfer 12:57 15 Jan 06

Many thanx FE

PaulB2005 13:15 15 Jan 06

Thanks. Been foiled by the ad many times over the last few days....

G0lfer 13:16 15 Jan 06

So it does........... it's always the simple things isn't it.

Cheers crx

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple