Problems with PCA server

Valvegrid 19:50 01 Sep 04

Apologies to FE straight away, I'm definitely not complaining about the PCA site because I know you are investigating the issues, from reading your comments on other threads, but just a thought.

There seems to be a lot of people complaining about the PCA server which is obviously having problems. To save the FE's sanity, I wonder if its possible to put a link on the site to give the server status? At least people would be able to see there is a problem, or not, as the case maybe, hopefully it might reduce the number of posts on the subject and take the load off the server.

There may be a technical reason why it can't be done.

I did email forum editor before anyone asks, but that was a while ago, so I'm not sure the email was delivered.

spuds 22:39 01 Sep 04

Changing server click here

Valvegrid 06:17 02 Sep 04

I have seen it before, but changing server won't necessarily mean there will be no problems in the future.

Forum Editor 07:01 02 Sep 04

but I appreciate your attempts to save it.

Of course there'll be problems in the future. The web server which doesn't have problems hasn't been invented yet. It's a measure of the popularity of this site that each tiny glitch is instantly noticed - and seized upon - by lots of people. It goes with the territory as they say, and we have become accustomed to it over the years. Every busy website suffers from problems of one kind or another, but of course most people don't visit the same site day in and day out, as is the case with us. Forum members get used to the way the site works and as a consequence glitches are that much more apparent.

We're not planning to publish a daily server status report - preparing things like that represent an additional task for which we don't have the staff or the time.

Valvegrid 07:06 02 Sep 04

Thanks for your comment.

jack 08:55 02 Sep 04

just to satisffy my curiosity, and I notie Valvegrid has another string which I will read in a moment on GOOGLE so the answer to this may lie therein

I logged on directly - page long time coming click to help room -Server Error
Clicked to Google did a Google search for PCA
logged on and all went swimmingly.
So multiple routes,a corrupion in my 'direct' URL?
Any ideas

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…