Problems with Nissan Advert blocking forum page on Galaxy Tablet

lotvic 23:41 03 Feb 14
Answered

Anyone else having problems viewing pca forum on a Tablet? I find it impossible because Nissan Advert takes over full page and can neither be played nor closed.

wee eddie 09:18 04 Feb 14

lotvic: Many of the Code Writers, employed by the Advertising Industry, appear to have little regard for the operation of their work.

All they are interested in is the Image that they are creating and let the consumer go hang!

It happens, on this site, too regularly for this to be a coincidence

canarieslover 09:31 04 Feb 14

I'm having the same problem with a Nexus tablet. I don't understand the thinking of the people who produce adverts like this as I am now determined that I will never own a Nissan due to the way they have interfered with my use of the net.

Matt Egan 09:41 04 Feb 14

Hi Iotvic. This is not obvious, but if you tap the screen while the video is playing a 'close' button appears in the bottom righthand corner. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

lotvic 12:21 04 Feb 14
Answer

It doesn't play, but I did manage to get it to close. Then when swapping forums etc - back to square one and try to get it to close again and with other adverts at bottom popping up and having to be closed down... Y'know what, it's not worth the hassle trying to navigate site on my Tablet. I'll stick to my desktop with ad-blocker.

Flak999 12:55 04 Feb 14

lotvic

I'll stick to my desktop with ad-blocker.

Agree absolutely! Trying to navigate the forums on my ipad is just plain unpleasant. I was trying to post this morning, and what with the adverts, links and new windows opening every time you try to do something, it's much easier just to use the desktop with adblocker.

lotvic 13:23 04 Feb 14

Flak999, yes trying to navigate pca with a touch screen is mighty frustrating.

Woolwell 13:43 04 Feb 14

I don't get that ad on my iPad and navigate the site ok.

lotvic 13:45 04 Feb 14

Woolwell, huh, showoff ;D

Woolwell 13:47 04 Feb 14

lotvic - I wish that I hadn't posted that as I have tempted fate and later today may find that I cannot use the site on the iPad at all.

Woolwell 13:50 04 Feb 14

I knew it was a mistake. Just tried the site on my phone and plagued by adverts at the bottom of the screen. If you try to touch the x to close them and miss you get taken to the site for the ad. Awful!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac