"The Prisoner" is coming

anchor 16:57 09 Apr 10

Many of you may have read about the remake of the cult 1960`s TV series "The Prisoner". I remember the original, and frankly could never make head nor tail of it. It seems Patrick McGoohan who devised it, even became confused.

For some strange reason thirty odd years later an American company decided to remake it. However, the reviews are quite unfavourable.

click here

Episode one, (of six), is to be shown on ITV Saturday April 17th; (remind me to miss it).

Forum Editor 17:03 09 Apr 10

was mind-numbingly boring, and couldn't stand it. Neither could I stand all those pretentious people who went around pretending they understood it, and hailing it as a masterpiece. Nobody understood it. least of all the people who made it.

It was rubbish in my opinion, and I have no intention of subjecting myself to a single second of a remake.

Quickbeam 17:03 09 Apr 10

"Episode one, (of six)"
Can't be having the Americans getting confused with what seemed a never ending series in the '60s...

sunnystaines 17:10 09 Apr 10

liked it at the time then years later saw repeats and wondered how did i like this rubbish first time around, same with the avengers and similar series of that era.

Armchair 17:14 09 Apr 10

Re. the original series. The first and last episodes are great, the rest a bit of a chug.

Remake? Nah.

Brumas 18:04 09 Apr 10

The best part of The Prisoner was the enchanting location it was filmed in.I have been promising myself a trip there ever since I read Sir Clough Williams Ellis's account of how it all came together - one day perhaps?

Quickbeam 18:04 09 Apr 10

The Reggie Perrin remake didn't capture the imagination of Joe Public after the cult following of the original.

Whether you like The Prisoner or not, I think these sort of surreal series are best left as a vague memory of another era to reminisce over a pint when pining for other things past.

Kevscar1 19:22 09 Apr 10

Couldn't stand it. Remake of V starts next week. Will have a look at that.

Quickbeam 19:42 09 Apr 10

Will the Woodentops be remade, I wonder?

jakimo 19:44 09 Apr 10

The village has always been worth a visit,but thats where it ends

csqwared 19:45 09 Apr 10

Visited Portmeirion some years ago and found it an exceptional place - thoroughly recommend it, more than I can say for the programme, completely baffled me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…