Principles

spuds 13:34 27 Oct 07

At one time or another, I suppose all of us have principles about certain things.

Bad customer services, seeing the checkout bill with the overcharge, late or non-response to emails, letters or telephone calls,ignorant and unhelpful people and perhaps far more.

Would you like to comment, and say how you would deal with principles?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:02 27 Oct 07

I used to get angry, now these things seem such commonplce and if you complain all you get is a shrug of the shoulders.

If I want anything doing I tend to do it myself.

lisa02 14:13 27 Oct 07

Keep calm, plot your course of action and never stoop to their level.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:24 27 Oct 07

how would you deal with principles?

With one of these click here

To quote an old song (by Steve Wright)

'You don't need plase or thankyou you just need "I,ll be back" '

amonra 14:40 27 Oct 07

Fruit Bat

By using that weapon you may be infringing on the humanitarian rights of the person you've upset. Instead,you must talk nicely to them and discuss your differences, reason with them, ask them why they disagree with you, THEN beat their brains out with a big stick !!!

wee eddie 15:06 27 Oct 07

I find this very heartening

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." ~ Groucho Marx

Forum Editor 17:55 27 Oct 07

that govern our everyday conduct towards other individuals, and towards society as a whole. The problems start when we realise that not everyone has the same set, or even any recogniseable principles at all.

We tend to expect others to live up to our perception of what is or isn't the right way to behave, and when they don't we sometimes feel puzzled, or even angry, and that can lead to conflict.

I've lived long enough to realise that trying to enforce one's own principles on others is pointless - it's the way to a stressful life - and I don't waste my time trying. I hope that I live up to my principles most of the time, but I'm a realist, and I know it's just not possible to do it all the time.

Bingalau 18:40 27 Oct 07

FE. I don't doubt for a minute, that you have been pushed to the limit many times on this forum alone.

laurie53 20:05 27 Oct 07

"checkout bill with the overcharge"

A bigger test of principles is a checkout bill with an undercharge. :)

Earthsea 20:34 27 Oct 07

I agree with FE. I'm in a situation at the moment where I have been considering legal action and, to be honest, more 'direct' action, but I've decided to back down. It's painful to do so, but anything else won't make matters any better and one person, in particular, would be very upset by it. Sometimes it's better to back down and get on with life.

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:58 27 Oct 07

Everyone has principles but when they need to use them many fail to do so. It is surprising how a change in circumstances can affect someone's lofty ideals.

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

Disney layout supervisor Rob Dressel on the challenges of visualising Moana

Siri vs Google Assistant