Primeval

jimv7 18:20 29 Sep 09

For those interested, click here

Devil Fish 20:30 29 Sep 09

nice one one of the few shows where we manage to get the family together in one room and spend time together without an arguament about what were watching

jakimo 21:25 29 Sep 09

Well I watched it,and so did five million others

Belatucadrus 22:41 29 Sep 09

It seemed strange their dropping it, they're still showing reruns and have a company willing to sponsor it, so the audience is obviously out there and some people think it has earning potential for commercials. I know they were cash strapped, but they'd only just said it was safe when they pulled the plug.

Forum Editor 00:04 30 Sep 09

There was concern about the spiralling costs of the special effects at a time when ITV was having to slice some £40 million off its overall production budget. Voices were raised over the question of whether it made sense to spend such large sums on special effects for one programme at the expense of other productions.

Belatucadrus 11:41 30 Sep 09

Well it's all academic now, but considering the paucity of quality output from ITV, I'd question the wisdom of the initial cancellation decision. I think like the Beeb, ITV in its rush to fill as many digital channels as possible has spread itself too thin with a loss of quality that's been reflected in a loss of advertising revenue. Perhaps rather than cutting programs they should sell one of their channels and try to refocus their operation.

lofty29 12:11 30 Sep 09

This is great news as far as I am concerned, unlike many others I am a great fan of this programme, but then I like things like spooks, londons burning, frost, and foyles war, and hate stuff like come dancing, x-factor, and game shows and really detest "reality shows". I just wish they would bring back more of the older shows, but then I am just a silly old F****.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5