Primed with questions and answers covering six hot

anskyber 19:44 26 Jan 06

catagories.
a quote from PC Ad site. I make it 7 with Absolute beginners! Oops methinks Im in deep trouble with FE.

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:09 26 Jan 06

Eh?

G

anskyber 20:20 26 Jan 06

PC Advisor Homepage/Forums mainpage/ After Forums it says "Primed with questions and answers covering six hot categories" There are seven with "Absolute beginners".
As an absolute beginner I am trying to have AB on the main page. say rather than Speakers Corner. Personally beginners should be encouraged and giving them the same prominence as other Forums will help.
I have very little PC skill but I do want to learn even though I came to PCs at the age of 55, call it spin if you like but there is a very interesting world out there with PCs and I want to encourage or rather not discourage people by I am sure an unintended reduction in prominence.

anskyber 13:04 27 Jan 06

Looks like I am alone with this! Sigh. Will try again another time.

watchful 13:21 27 Jan 06

I think you're worrying too much about the placement of 'Absolute Beginners'. Judging by the number of people using it, they aren't having any trouble finding it.

Totally-braindead 13:25 27 Jan 06

"As an absolute beginner I am trying to have AB on the main page. say rather than Speakers Corner" fair enough but you already had your say on this in your other thread which was answered.

I'm not unsympathetic about this and appreciate what you are saying but coming at the same subject from another angle isn't going to work.

anskyber 13:50 27 Jan 06

Fair enough, as you say I have made my point now I shall retire gracefully!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…