Pre - election debates?

bri-an 13:22 22 Dec 09

click here

Are we simply trying to copy the US again?
It's not really possible with our system to have 'leaders' debates, as we are not electing a President.
There has to be all-party TV debate, surely, and this will never be possible given the plethora of groups demanding to be involved.

So what is the answer, back to where we were?

GANDALF <|:-)> 14:06 22 Dec 09

Absolute waste of time and effort.

G

Condom 20:31 22 Dec 09

This could end up like being Question Time without the audience chosing the questions. I also think the broadcasters have got themselves in rather dark waters with their refusal to include a representative of the Scottish Government.

The argument that they are not a National Party, as in UK party, is asking for futher trouble as all the SNP would need to do is put a token candidate up in one of the English border regions where thousands of Scots live and then claim that they are a National Party.

Input Overload 20:41 22 Dec 09

Glad I have a nice Hi-Fi. I could do without the telly. There used to be 5 channels with nothing that interested me, now I have 150 channels with nothing that interests me.

morddwyd 21:14 22 Dec 09

Doesn't happen very often, but for once I agree with GANDALF <|:-)>.

onionskin 21:23 22 Dec 09

There will be phone-in voting and the winner will release a Christmas record.

Forum Editor 07:48 23 Dec 09

pre-election debate ourselves.

Now we'll have the added pleasure of having pre-election debates about the pre-election debates.

wiz-king 08:04 23 Dec 09

There must be times when the Queen wants to take back the running of the country - could this tip the balance?
Bring back the Royal Decree!

Quickbeam 08:29 23 Dec 09

Two persons, each with two hats and two faces... we'll all think we've had a tipple too much.

Input Overload 08:59 23 Dec 09

Off with their heads!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…