Pour your own pint

paddyjack 13:07 25 Nov 09

Is this just a step to far click here

Will this be the future of pubs, or is it taking the sitting room pub to a new level? Can you see your local going down this route?

wiz-king 13:19 25 Nov 09

Coin opperated? or credit card? At least I would get a full pint not a glass with an inch of froth on it.

Chegs ®™ 13:26 25 Nov 09

I quit drinking years ago so I am totally out of touch with pub interiors but last time I visited the pub on my own,I enjoyed the conversation with the landlord.I cannot see this catching on in english pubs as it would be abused(people topping up their pints at the table to save going to the bar and slopping their pint over those unfortunate to be sat at the tables)or simply topping up everytime the staff are busy elsewhere(and not paying)

Colin 13:35 25 Nov 09

I would welcome this. I don't frequent pubs too often anymore as I find the battle to get served and the constant getting up to go to the bar a pain. Who else has gone in to a pub and stood behind a group of people for five minutes and when it’s their turn to get served start thinking about what they want to drink? Why don't we have waiting on staff like abroad? Six deep at a bar waving a £20 note at the bar tender is a joke!

donki 15:52 25 Nov 09

We have this in one of the swankier bars in Belfast city centre, a place called the Apartment if anyone is over on a trip. I haven't had a chance to try it out but I am sure it will get a test drive over the Christmas Jolidays. A bit of a novelty I dont see much wrong with it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…