Potholego-slow to 'calm traffic'

smartpoly 13:14 16 Apr 09

Navestock parish council in Essex thought it would be a good idea to leave potholes in the roads to help slow down traffic.
click here
Somebody there needs to get on their bike.
I was involved in a motorbike accident a few years ago in which a rider died after becoming un seated by a pothole, it was on a bend and he slid across the road into oncomming traffic (me) and died on way to hospital.

Glad to see the County council have the opposite view to the Parich council.

interzone55 13:22 16 Apr 09

Let the parish council foot the bills for damage claims.

My manager's husband hit a hidden pot hole during the heavy rains we had a few weeks ago, it damaged the 20" rim on his BMW, and the suspension, and naturally the tyre was wrecked. Total bill for new wheel, tyre & suspension arm, £3500. Serves him right for having such stupid wheels to be honest.

Anyway, a few repair bills like that and the parish council may re-consider their policy...

Quickbeam 13:23 16 Apr 09

It's the County Council that has to foot the bill if someone sues them, so there will be no danger in that policy being adopted.

Esc4p3 15:00 16 Apr 09

"A spokeswoman for road safety charity Brake said: "This is a wholly original idea"

Wholly / hole-ey, are they kidding, what a pun. I just can't believe they would seriously consider this, it will cost them more money in the long run.

Noldi 18:26 16 Apr 09

As long as cyclist can use the pavement to avoid being thrown off their bikes then it should work.

Noldi

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now