Postal Strikes

SG Atlantis® 17:27 19 Feb 06

I am waiting on a few items from over two weeks ago. Do I contact the supplier or wait it out til Royal Mail catches up with the back log. I'm sure it's because of the strike I haven't recieved my items.

Apparently it'll take upto four weeks to clear the backlog.

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:40 19 Feb 06

'Apparently it'll take upto four weeks to clear the backlog'...I think you have answered your own question.

G

jack 17:45 19 Feb 06

Tell me more about these strikes
I am only aware of P.O.Counters 1 day efforts

I am awaiting a valuable shipment coming via ParcelForce 48 hour shipped Friday Due Tuesday next

Will this be affected?

SG Atlantis® 18:03 19 Feb 06

not unless it's coming through Tomb Street in Belfast.

It ended on friday and has ran for more than two weeks.

Gandalf some mail is filtering through some isn't. I have recieved bits and pieces that were part of the same order, ironically they arrived quicker than I would have normally expected, but there you have it.

I'll contact the supplier, I think, at least then they'll have me on record and if I haven't recieved them after another four weeks they can send new items.

Diodorus Siculus 18:10 19 Feb 06

[quote]least then they'll have me on record[/quote]

Good advice.

spuds 18:50 19 Feb 06

Did this happen on a Sunday. Haven't noticed any difference with our deliveries.Royal Mail,ParcelForce and PO Counters seem to be working as normal in our area.

But the postman did deliver a letter the other day, with a TNT:MAIL stamp on the cover. As the Queen gone on strike!!.

SG Atlantis® 18:56 19 Feb 06

tnt mail, it's a scheme where other companies do the sorting and then give it to royal mail to deliver.

Kind of like Royal Mail - Mailsort, which is cheap business mail, Where the sender partially sorts it themselves, like BT and then royal mail have so long to deliver it. Means they'll get a big discount on the cost of posting all their bills.

The strike was only in Tomb Street Belfast.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac