Postal Strike

postie252 13:48 17 Jul 07

We've been on strike twice in the last few weeks-has anybody noticed?

lisa02 13:51 17 Jul 07

Noticed the first time but not the second as it was on the 12th July which is a (Northern Ireland) National Holiday anyway.

One day strikes slow the mail down, by a day, you need to stop the mail to get noticed.

robgf 13:51 17 Jul 07

The problem is that you only strike for one day, so unless someone is expecting an important letter, they are just going to think, "no post today".

crosstrainer 14:11 17 Jul 07

Yes, I have noticed a difference in delivery of items here in Cardiff. i guess this looks like escalating as both sides seem entrenched?

jack 14:16 17 Jul 07

I appreciate what your problems are potential job loss and uncertain future etc.,
I also appreciate what the Post office say.
Loss of business to competing mail handling firms.

At the end of the day all mail winds up in the posties bag for him to deliver 'the last mile'.

Now if the Post Office -the company
or
The post office the workers simply said individually or together
We don't do competitors deliveries
Me thinks things would begin to roll

Bingalau 15:10 17 Jul 07

postie252. My lad is also a postie and I am sure he can't afford to go on strike. But I agree with them doing so because nearly every promise to them has been broken. They need to make it longer than a one day thing though because as said above by robgf no one is going to take any notice. Where's postie24 got to?

crosstrainer 15:58 17 Jul 07

he's on strike :)

wee eddie 16:00 17 Jul 07

I have always believed that to be a better solution.

It should make the Management realise what they need without hitting the core business too hard.

MESH Support 16:07 17 Jul 07

"We've been on strike twice in the last few weeks-has anybody noticed?"

oooooooooooh yes, most definitely. And aren't we the ones that are most likely to notice?

Davey

Bingalau 16:48 17 Jul 07

crosstrainer. "Nice one"

postie24 17:59 17 Jul 07

Im here :))
I agree with wee eddie, a work to rule especially in my office would cause havoc.
If all posties would stop using their cars on delivery,and get the bike out,half the deliveries wouldnt get completed.
Management would have to make sure all the 2nd,3rd,4th bags were all sent out to the posties who deliver a couple miles away from the office.
By just working to rule would make management realise just how little time you have to complete your delivery in the given time.
This needs to get solved soon,and a 1 day strike every other week wont solve anything.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5