Postal Scam

Ex plorer 14:17 05 Dec 09

Just had a piece of paper put through the letter box so I will pass it on.

From North Yorkshire Police.

Postal scam confirmed by Royal Mail.

Trading standards are making people aware of a card posted through your letterbox from PDS (Parcel Delivery Service) suggesting that they were unable to deliver a parcel and to contact them on 09066611911.
This is a premium rate number DO NOT CALL THIS NUMBER.
If you call you will get a recorded message and will be billed £15 for the phone call.

Receive a card like the above and you can call the the Royal Mail Fraud on 02072396655 or ICSTIS the premium rate Service regulator. click here
Or you local area coordinator and police.

No facility for email replies.

bremner 14:37 05 Dec 09

This is a bit out of date.

The number is no longer in service. click here

bremner 14:41 05 Dec 09

The link has not gone to the result. The headline comment is

This number was used on a scam that PhonepayPlus adjudicated on in 2005. This number is no longer running and has not been running since December 2005. If you receive a copy of this email warning you about the alleged scam, please do not forward it to others. Instead please forward this information from PhonepayPlus.

This service costs - This line is now closed (plus any phone network surcharges - check with your phone company for full details)."

Forum Editor 14:46 05 Dec 09

The service in question actually cost £1.50 per minute and lasted six minutes, making a total cost of £9 if callers stayed on the line for the full six minutes.

The scam was shut down, and the operators fined £10,000 in December 2005. As pointed out by bremner, the number quoted is not in service.

GANDALF <|:-)> 14:48 05 Dec 09

click here the 'news' is a hoax...and you CANNOT be charged £15 just for a call, you would have to be on the phone for 10 minutes as the max calling charge from a landline is around £1.50. Any similar 'warnings' sent by email or by post, will be hoaxes and it is worth tapping in a few relevant words into Google before warning others.

G

Ex plorer 16:06 05 Dec 09

OK my apoliges I have never heard of it and the date on the slip is 03 December 2009.
I about to check this out and I will get back.

Ex plorer 16:37 05 Dec 09

I have been to see my neighbour hood watch representative who had posted them in the village earlier today.

Like your selves someone had heard of it before and have been in touch with the local neighbourhood watch Rep and they with the police and its now been sorted out.

I am sorry for the any inconvenience but I really never thought of Googling the spam when I new where the slip of paper had come from, I used to be the local Neighbourhood Rep and it all looked in order.

Jim Thing 20:33 06 Dec 09

Thanks for the kind thought anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017