Post code enquiry

Blackhat 11:42 01 Dec 07

I dare say most of us have tried our names in google from time to time but I just tried my exact post code. I live in a mid terrace house on a residential street but according to some of the links in google I am also a French restaurant, an internet dating service and a WiFi hot spot! Strange, I hadn’t noticed.

I am aware that a single post code can cover a number of properties but these are also my property number.

What does yours reveal?

wiz-king 12:05 01 Dec 07

"a WiFi hot spot" have you checked your router lately?
*Grin*

Forum Editor 12:10 01 Dec 07

It will not include any extraneous information - just the addresses which share a code.

click here

Blackhat 12:11 01 Dec 07

I dont have a router! I dont do French cooking and I think the wife might have noticed if I ran a dating service.

Blackhat 12:19 01 Dec 07

Thanks FE, I use that service most days in the office and I am aware that 4 residential properties share my post code. Its whats listed on google that I find curious, I know there are typo's but is there more to it? Is there any reason why a business might wish to use a residential post code, and why mine?

octal 12:23 01 Dec 07

I've just typed my post code in and it's surprising what you learn about your neighbours, what an eye opener!

pj123 13:03 01 Dec 07

I've just typed in my Post Code and... nothing!

laurie53 19:13 01 Dec 07

How peculiar. It lists the local bowling club, but there are at least half a dozen houses, spaced over a quarter of a mile, with different post codes, between me and the bowls club.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…