Possible BT Phishing E-Mail

DWANE PYPE 22:49 05 Apr 06

Received an E-mail from BT saying that "that payment for your subscription option has failed to be authorised by your credit card provider." seeing that I pay my bill quarterly by direct debit,my suspicions were aroused,I contacted the the billing department to ask them what was wrong,and did they send the e-mail, the said no there was nothing wrong, and did not send the e-mail,I said this was probably a phishing e-mail, and I asked is there any one I could report it to at BT,
he said "no, print it off and take to the police".

So the question is does, anybody know who I can contact at BT to report it.

Thanks inadvance

Regards
DP

SANTOS7 23:11 05 Apr 06

click here
AH!! not so far to go,good luck..........

spuds 12:03 06 Apr 06

The police wouldn't be very interested at this stage, as no actual harm as been done to you.

Considering that it is to do with BT, perhaps Ofcom click here can offer further guidance.

Stuartli 19:30 06 Apr 06

Just ignore and delete it - along with similar e-mails.

DWANE PYPE 21:48 06 Apr 06

Egg on face I'm afraid. After spending a couple of hours this morning, getting passed to different depts, finely finding out it was not a BT E-mail, but from BT Yahoo! what it was all about was when BT joined forces with Yahoo! the came up with a scheme if you payed the princeley sum of £1.50 a month you got 5 E-mail addresses,and must of used my credit card to do it.(September 2004).And of course its ran out.I have to be honest about this,
I'd forgotten about it, so the nice lady in India,(after having the phone stuck to my ear for about 35 mins waiting to get connected)sorted it out for me.

So its Doh!Doh!And treble Doh!

So I will Creep slowly off the Forum, and tick it on the way out.

Regards,
DW

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac