Poppy Sales

Jak_1 20:36 12 Nov 07

I had to hunt high and low this year to get a poppy for remberance. Even in the big supermarkets they were not on sale nor in most pubs and shops. I have not even seen them being sold on the street in town! At one time evry shop anpub had them for sale and volunteers on the streets selling them.
I was wondering just what the reason for this is, in pubs I first thought that maybe it was because in case some light fingered tealeaf would pinch te money etc but then most have a carity box of some kind.
It seems that everywhere is willing to have a charity box of some kind but for this once a year thing they are not!

Legolas 20:39 12 Nov 07

I never seen any for sale anywhere although a report on the TV said that so many had been sold that they actually ran out.

FungusBoggieman 20:42 12 Nov 07

no problem hear got ours in tesco
also selling in the high street shops

click here

if you want to make a donation for all those who have money to spair.

what a fantastic cause to donate to.

laurie53 20:43 12 Nov 07

Found them as widespread as ever this year.

Brumas 20:53 12 Nov 07

Same here.

Jak_1 20:55 12 Nov 07

Hm, seems odd that in some areas they were on sale everywhere and in others you literaly had to hunt for one.

ray7 21:09 12 Nov 07

Must bhave been an area problem.. here (Chester le Street) couldn't find any until Sat a.m.

Bingalau 21:38 12 Nov 07

No problems in this area. I notice nowadays they are also selling the more elaborate ones again. I hope the people buying them are putting more money in the box, than they would for an ordinary common or garden one? I have always put a pound in for my common one and then found that a couple of days later it has vanished into thin air. So I buy another one. That also vanishes as do a few others and it's only when I notice that my grand children are all wearing them, that I know where they have gone. My wife also found a little badge type one somewhere this year so they must be selling them too.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…