Poll: Which three of the following functions do you use most often on your smartphone?

PC Advisor 11:58 AM 13 Mar 13

Sponsored by Mobile Security

Which three of the following functions do you use most often on your smartphone?

Let us know in our poll.

Poll: Which three of the following functions do you use most often on your smartphone?

Phil Ocifer 13:19 PM 13 Mar 13

I'll try estimate which are the most used three. Probably social networking, gaming and web browser with a split between camera, txt, email, & phone coming in a close fourth.

Reading news would probably be split between web browser and specific apps like Independent, google mags and g+

(Nexus 4 on Jelly Bean)

Woolwell 14:13 PM 13 Mar 13

The question is which 3 you use most often but you can tick as many as you like.

Forum Editor 19:05 PM 13 Mar 13

What interests me is that - so far - it seems that these expensive phones are used more for texting than for making calls.

Aitchbee 19:21 PM 13 Mar 13

Today, the check-out girl at my local LIDL, pulled out her 'smart-phone' when I queried the price of 6 wholemeal rolls [which had a 30% off sticker on the outer wrapping]. I thought she was going to phone the shop manager ... but it turned out she was just looking up a number code to cancel the transaction and refund me with 12p ... impressive stuff!

passing through 20:26 PM 13 Mar 13

My top three are;

1. clock/alarm clock ( don't wear a watch )

2. phone

3. text.

In truth they are the only 3 functions I use.

morddwyd 06:42 AM 14 Mar 13

The main one I use isn't there.

Mine is mainly used as a PDA, with a phone function which I use maybe two or three times a month.

Quickbeam 07:34 AM 14 Mar 13

Phone, text & music (audio book reader).

Like morddwyd, the most used PDA function, and also mapping (satnav & memory map ordnance maps), but they aren't listed.

Strangely, the phone and text functions are used on a Nokia 700 that's nicely small and pocket sized, but too small for serious web browsing stuff. the rest of the functions are used on a 4.5" screen HTC that's far too big to live in a trouser pocket!

If the purpose of the poll is to design future phones, don't forget that some of us want smaller not bigger 12" screens...

carver 08:27 AM 14 Mar 13

It's funny but my main use is as a phone, followed by web use then camera.

Texting is some thing I hate doing but it could just be an age thing, takes me about 5 minutes to send a text but my daughter and son can send a short novel in same time.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 review: Hands-on with the phone which the Z3+ should have been

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to choose a photographer

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone