Poll: What will be the most important broadband development of 2014?

PC Advisor 15:04 11 Dec 13

We want to know what you think will be the most important broadband development of 2014?

Let us know in our poll.

What will be the most important broadband development of 2014?

iscanut 15:40 11 Dec 13

Improve rural broadband connectivity.

fourm member 15:53 11 Dec 13

I went for the rural broadband option.

It will be the most important broadband development if it happens but I expect to be still getting <2Mb this time next year.

wee eddie 16:10 11 Dec 13

I think that, were there a parallel Poll asking what would be the least likely developments in 2014, then Advances in Rural Broadband speeds would be my choice.

Cynical ~ Moi!

Forum Editor 16:12 11 Dec 13

I agree with those who opted for improved rural broadband. It would work wonders for people who run small businesses from relatively remote country areas, and remove the incredible frustration from online tasks that city dwellers like me breeze through in seconds.

Mr Mistoffelees 16:36 11 Dec 13

I voted for improved rural broadband as well but, I suspect, where I live it will be none of the above, again.

morddwyd 19:22 11 Dec 13

I'm with fm for a change.

I'd like to get just one third of the advertised speed.

finerty 19:44 12 Dec 13

less adverts and more speedier downloads

Aitchbee 20:11 12 Dec 13

Perhaps, the big-boys will get together, and create an 'idiot proof' seamless and hassle-free world of internet browsing [no hackers, phishers, scammers ...etc], encompassing updates 'n' the necessary security housekeeping ... all in one big broadband package!

PS. I feel/sense a song-title in the air ... I just can't put my finger on it ;o]

Forum Editor 20:41 12 Dec 13

finerty

"less adverts and more speedier downloads"

Advertising is on individual websites - it has nothing to do with your broadband supplier.

Downloads consume bandwidth, and that costs money - someone has to pay.

Forum Editor 20:43 12 Dec 13

"Perhaps, the big-boys will get together, and create an 'idiot proof' seamless and hassle-free world of internet browsing [no hackers, phishers, scammers ...etc], encompassing updates 'n' the necessary security housekeeping ... all in one big broadband package!"

No, they won't, and the song is 'Some day over the rainbow'.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5