Poll: What do you plan to do with your current PC or laptop once you've finished using it?

PC Advisor 09 Jul 13

What do you plan to do with your current PC or laptop once you've finished using it?

Let us know in our poll.

Poll: What do you plan to do with your current PC or laptop once you've finished using it?

woodchip 09 Jul 13

Simple TURN IT OFF

Chronos the 2nd 09 Jul 13

Some components will be sold to fund upgrades, others will be reused.

Mr Mistoffelees 09 Jul 13

Some parts will be reused, some sold and some kept as spares in-case new parts fail.

Mr Mistoffelees 09 Jul 13

Some parts will be reused, some sold and some kept as spares in-case new parts fail.

wiz-king 09 Jul 13

keep as a spares - my spare now was Win98 and has slowly been upgraded to Win 7 but it's a bit long in the tooth now.

woody 09 Jul 13

I replace mine while the "old" one is still useful - therefore for the last (since zx and ti99) how long!! I have given them to a good home . On one occasion I gave one to a school (it was far better than they had even seen) but it took a lot of persuasion to get them to understand it was a gift and not a scam!

My current old has win7pro and win 8 pro - quad core 3ghz. I use a more up to date one and when that gets a bit tired the older one will go. 60 yrs ago I know what it was like to have "more month than money" now I asked my undertaker if I can have a very big pocket put in my shroud - he said no!LOL

Quickbeam 09 Jul 13

Mine goes to recycling because I don't change until it's become a totally US unit.

Only the dedicated make do and mend set will appreciate old stuff as I tend to wring the life out of everything. Clothes, cars, bikes, shoes, lawn mowers, drills... you name it.

A product is for it's life, not until a newer, snazzier one comes along. Not in my book anyway!

wee eddie 09 Jul 13

Since I successfully upgraded to 'W7' it is likely that it will be used, instead of a cushion, in my coffin!

Nontek 09 Jul 13

Mine is only one year old, so it will easily outlive its owner! ROFLOL...

spuds 09 Jul 13

I still have a Sinclair stored away, so perhaps that gives the answer or suggestion what happens to mine?.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message