Poll: What do you plan to do with your current PC or laptop once you've finished using it?

PC Advisor 11:28 09 Jul 13

What do you plan to do with your current PC or laptop once you've finished using it?

Let us know in our poll.

Poll: What do you plan to do with your current PC or laptop once you've finished using it?

woodchip 11:47 09 Jul 13

Simple TURN IT OFF

Chronos the 2nd 12:01 09 Jul 13

Some components will be sold to fund upgrades, others will be reused.

Mr Mistoffelees 12:05 09 Jul 13

Some parts will be reused, some sold and some kept as spares in-case new parts fail.

Mr Mistoffelees 12:05 09 Jul 13

Some parts will be reused, some sold and some kept as spares in-case new parts fail.

wiz-king 12:14 09 Jul 13

keep as a spares - my spare now was Win98 and has slowly been upgraded to Win 7 but it's a bit long in the tooth now.

woody 12:32 09 Jul 13

I replace mine while the "old" one is still useful - therefore for the last (since zx and ti99) how long!! I have given them to a good home . On one occasion I gave one to a school (it was far better than they had even seen) but it took a lot of persuasion to get them to understand it was a gift and not a scam!

My current old has win7pro and win 8 pro - quad core 3ghz. I use a more up to date one and when that gets a bit tired the older one will go. 60 yrs ago I know what it was like to have "more month than money" now I asked my undertaker if I can have a very big pocket put in my shroud - he said no!LOL

Quickbeam 12:55 09 Jul 13

Mine goes to recycling because I don't change until it's become a totally US unit.

Only the dedicated make do and mend set will appreciate old stuff as I tend to wring the life out of everything. Clothes, cars, bikes, shoes, lawn mowers, drills... you name it.

A product is for it's life, not until a newer, snazzier one comes along. Not in my book anyway!

wee eddie 14:03 09 Jul 13

Since I successfully upgraded to 'W7' it is likely that it will be used, instead of a cushion, in my coffin!

Nontek 14:46 09 Jul 13

Mine is only one year old, so it will easily outlive its owner! ROFLOL...

spuds 14:51 09 Jul 13

I still have a Sinclair stored away, so perhaps that gives the answer or suggestion what happens to mine?.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? Why upgrade to Windows 10? Is Windows 10 good? The pros and cons of!…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to Draw Realistic Female Superheroes

Apple Q3 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone and Mac sales fall, overall revenue'…