Poll: What is the best screen size for a tablet?

PC Advisor 14:56 PM 20 Aug 12

We want to know what you think is the best screen size for a tablet.

So let us know.

Poll: What is the best screen size for a tablet?

Aitchbee 15:02 PM 20 Aug 12

Tags would be helpful.

Aitchbee 15:13 PM 20 Aug 12

Yesterday, I watched my friend display some timetables / rota data on his smartphone screen and was very impressed how he could expand the photgraphs onscreen with finger and thumb...an ideal tablet screen dimension would be around that size...two-handed hand-held portable devices don't work.

KRONOS the First 15:52 PM 20 Aug 12

I have had the ipad with the 10inch and now have the Nexus 7 with the 7 inch and I think that I prefer the bigger size.

interzone55 15:54 PM 20 Aug 12

I've seen 7" and 10" tablets, and I think the 7" is best for portability, but the retina display 10" iPad is a beauty...

canarieslover 19:12 PM 20 Aug 12

I agree with millgate that 6" is probably the best size for everyday usage without having to carry it in a bag. My Kindle fits nicely in an inside pocket so it goes lots of places with me without any inconvenience. If I have to suffer the inconvenience of carrying a bag I would rather have the power,storage capacity and capability of running my usual programs without difficulty, that a reasonably decent laptop would provide. Obviously battery life is against the laptop choice but I could live with that rather than a 10" tablet.

bremner 19:19 PM 20 Aug 12

I do not think there is an ideal size it entirely depends on a users requirements. I have an iPad and would not want a bigger or smaller diplay but I do not want to carry it around very much.

A friend would love an iPad but requires the ability to have it with him virtually all the time so went for a 7" Samsung.

Mike67 19:55 PM 23 Aug 12

Eight inch seems a good compromise, but more important than the size is the form factor. A 4 by 3 ratio as used by the iPad is much moe useable for most tasks than the 16 by 9 in common use elseware, which is better for watching films, but worse for everything else.

Mike67 20:00 PM 23 Aug 12

More important than screen size is form factor.

The 4 by 3 of the iPad and afew other tablets is very usefull. The 16 by 9 of the majority is better for viewing films, but far worse for everything else. The new Nexus is 16 by 10. A step in the right direction for a seven inch device.
I hope this is the start of a trend back to a more usefull form factor.

The wreched 16 by 9 is now firmly entrenched on Laptops, and you spend most of your time scroling to see what is being displayed

morddwyd 21:29 PM 23 Aug 12

I have a 5.3" Galaxy Note, a 7" Galaxy Tab and a 14" Acer Iconia.

The note is best for portability, the Iconia for real work but the tab is a good compromise.

I voted "Don't Know"!

Quickbeam 07:51 AM 24 Aug 12

...let us know when the jury's in then:)

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 review: Hands-on with the phone which the Z3+ should have been

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to choose a photographer

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone