Poll: What are you doing to reduce the amount of surveillance on your private life by our government?

PC Advisor 15:41 18 Sep 13

In the light of new evidence leaked via Edward Snowden last week that GCHQ and the NSA can circumvent the usual security safeguards in your HTTPS, SSL and VoIP communications, what are you doing to reduce the amount of surveillance on your private life by our government?

Let us know in our poll.

Poll: what are you doing to reduce the amount of surveillance on your private life by our government?

wiz-king 15:54 18 Sep 13

nowt

bremner 15:56 18 Sep 13

Nowt 2

spuds 16:09 18 Sep 13

No comment, in case someone is checking this forum!.

Mr Mistoffelees 16:35 18 Sep 13

Send me a message if you want one of my lead balaclavas.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:04 18 Sep 13

As I am not (nor intend to) planning anything

Subversive

Illegal

or even Immoral

I'll let them bore themselves to death reading whatever they want of mine.

bumpkin 17:17 18 Sep 13

"Send me a message if you want one of my lead balaclavas."

No thank you, not feeling that light headed.

Algerian peter ™ 18:32 18 Sep 13

Carrier pidgeon.

bumpkin 18:40 18 Sep 13

I do not accept the nothing to hide nothing to fear argument put forward by those that wish to intrude on our privacy.

I may get bored but would it be OK for me to visit your house and look through all your personal stuff. I suspect not.

john bunyan 19:26 18 Sep 13

I agree with Fruit Bat and others. The terrorists, drug dealers etc are the ones they are after and surveillance is nothing new. I have nothing to hide, and providing the data is not sold or used for commercial or minor issues I see no point in worrying about it.

morddwyd 19:27 18 Sep 13

"ould it be OK for me to visit your house and look through all your personal stuff."

We're not talking about individuals, but the state.

Would you be happy for the police, maybe Special Branch or other spooks, to enter your premises without a warrant?

I would.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…