Poll: If you use Windows 8 on your PC or laptop, do you use Metro apps?

PC Advisor 12:02 PM 03 Dec 12

If you use Windows 8 on your PC or laptop, do you use Metro apps?

Let us know in our poll.

Poll: If you use Windows 8 on your PC or laptop, do you use Metro apps?

WhiteTruckMan 17:40 PM 03 Dec 12

There should be another choice that says 'XP is good enough for me!' and see how many votes you get for that choice!

WTM

D@ve 19:26 PM 03 Dec 12

"Metro"

Naughty naughty PC Advisor!!

Quickbeam 08:00 AM 04 Dec 12

I've had a play with them, I suppose that they'll become more used as W8 becomes the norm and I look at it the same way as phone interfaces. At the moment I still see it as a windows interface and drift back to the traditional desktop to do anything.

Quickbeam 08:05 AM 04 Dec 12

WTM

Maybe all future polls should have a luddite option...?

Quickbeam 08:26 AM 04 Dec 12

Incidentally I put W7 onto my old XP netbook after putting W8 on my main computer.

The difference is as alike to replacing the drive train from a '60s Atkinson with one from a modern day DAF XF.

You can't stop evolution, whatever your environment:)

User6895 09:54 AM 07 Dec 12

Where is there a "I don't have windows 8" option?

Additionally, surely the "I use them all the time" implies that those people never use the desktop mode?

D@ve 18:29 PM 07 Dec 12

User6895

The point of the poll is to find out whether people like and use Metro style apps, not whether people use Windows 8 or not. That however makes using Windows 8 a prerequisite. People voting 'I don't use Windows 8' does not add any useful information in this regard.

User6895 23:11 PM 07 Dec 12

Hi D@ve

Typo on my behalf- I intended to write why rather than where.

User8662 16:49 PM 11 Dec 12

Yes I use the live tiles and like windows 8. It just takes a little getting used to.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites