Poll: How do you transfer small files (less than 5MB) from one computer to another?

PC Advisor 17:21 18 Feb 14

How do you transfer small files (less than 5MB) from one computer to another?

Let us know in our poll.

Poll: How do you transfer small files (less than 5MB) from one computer to another?

john bunyan 17:26 18 Feb 14

Memory stick, SD card or Dropbox, if not on home network.

sunnypete 17:41 18 Feb 14

USB lead from laptop to tablet, or vice versa...

wiz-king 18:04 18 Feb 14

Depends - if the computers a physically close then USB, if one is at work and the other at home USB stick and if one is on the company network then remote desktop. I cant enter three answers!

Aitchbee 18:21 18 Feb 14

A 'null modem cable' physically connected between a PC and an Amiga computer, is a handy way to transfer small files < 5mb, 'cos Amigas do not have USB ports ... several cups of coffee and a good read are also recommended!

wee eddie 18:26 18 Feb 14

I am somewhat surprised that "Across my Network" is not an option, which is how I set up my last Lappy and how all my attempts at synchronisation progressed.

Of course, if the 2 PCs are not networked!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:29 18 Feb 14

Depends on where the two "computers" are located and what you class as "computer" - PC, laptop, tablet, Smart phone?

Never by Bluetooth absolutely hate it

Mostly by USB stick

Some By NFC if the two devices have it (phone and tablet)

Just been playing with a wifi transfer app

If machines are close then USB cable seems easiest.

Flak999 18:52 18 Feb 14

Like others mostly USB sometimes SD card or dropbox. I use airdrop between IOS devices.

Quickbeam 19:03 18 Feb 14

Cloud.

Mr Mistoffelees 20:29 18 Feb 14

Between mine and my partner's PCs and the laptop, USB stick is quick, and reliable.

wolfie3001 21:08 18 Feb 14

I rarely have a file nowadays under 5MB, But for small files I use a memory stick, I have an 8GB stick on my desk for file transfers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…