Is This Political Correctness

crosstrainer 06:51 11 Jul 08

Gone Mad?

click here

I fully support equal opportunities, but this is just silly.

wiz-king 07:11 11 Jul 08

That's what happens when you can get sued for almost anything these days.

Quickbeam 07:29 11 Jul 08

georgemac © 07:32 11 Jul 08

beyond belief

rawprawn 08:30 11 Jul 08

I was thinking of visiting the "Silly Isles" but I don't think I will go by air.

Cymro. 11:27 11 Jul 08

I would jut love to see whoever it was who thought this one up being interviewed on telly and so trying to justify something so absolutely ridiculous. It should be a rule in all such jobs that you have to go before the public to explain just how you justify such things.

cluckinbell 11:36 11 Jul 08

It makes a good story, but lets be honest, if its like most companies there will be a standard template for job adverts that has all legal jargon included, they just did not delete the footer.

I'm 99% sure that a braille copy was not made, so it actually cost nothing, apart from the time being interviewed by journalists with some time on their hands.

Cymro. 11:42 11 Jul 08

"I'm 99% sure that a braille copy was not made, so it actually cost nothing, apart from the time being interviewed by journalists with some time on their hands".

And making fools of themselves I would have thought.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:47 11 Jul 08

"If you require this document in an alternative language, in larger text, Braille, easy read or in an audio format, please contact the Community Relations Officer."

Never been able to understand this - surely if you "need" it in these other formats, you couldn't read it in the first place to ask for the other formats, or anm I missing something?

spuds 11:52 11 Jul 08

They are only trying to comply and act within the terms of law, and being ridiculed for it is a little extreme. The introduction of the DDA as far and wide implications, its a pity more companies and business's do not comply, even though officially they should.

Noldi 11:58 11 Jul 08

Maybe it is but the other side of the coin is,

I read all sorts of Job advertisements every day just to give me a bit of insight to what certain professions do and what it takes, Its educational in many ways, never know you may get talking to somebody one day about what they do and you have a bit of a understanding of their profession. Are blind or partially sighted people to be denied this mind broadening information?

Noldi

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017