A pointless post...:)

Quickbeam 10:02 23 May 10

It just occurred to me while I was filling the plastic ice cube bags what with all this hot weather an' that, that the self seal types aren't as good as the ones I used to get where you just tie the top after filling. The self sealers continue to leak a bit until they're frozen, and that leaves the freezer needing defrosted too often.

It's such a chore that is...

gaucho. 10:54 23 May 10

" , that the self seal types aren't as good as the ones I used to get where you just tie the top after filling. "

Save the planet, use ice cube trays ;-)

ella33 11:16 23 May 10

The bags do make good ice cubes but I found that a bag split the other day. I think I will freeze them in another bag or container in future to save frosting the freezer. This one didn't but I can see it could be a problem.

gaucho --It is difficult to hae enough ice cube trays for hot weather! Where do yo store them all winter!

jakimo 12:42 23 May 10

Thats why automatic defrosting fridges are made

ella33 13:12 23 May 10

I don't think freezers defrost automatically? There are low frost makes though, my most recent (fridge)/freezer doesn't frost as much as the first, even with exploding ice cube bags in it! The fridge seems to stay fresher too..I suppose they have improved in 15 years, unlike the ice cube bags which have gone downhill!

Of course you can buy ice cubes quite cheaply, Quickbeam, it's just a matter of getting them home still frozen...this weather :-)>

Forum Editor 13:16 23 May 10

I think mine does, or rather it doesn't get frosted up in the first place. It just gets on with it - we never defrost it.

As for ice cubes - it has an opening in the front, and ice chunks tumble out when you press a lever.

BT 17:01 23 May 10

My Zanussi certainly does. The frost builds up externally and the cold air is circulated by a fan.
It usually decides to defrost itself at night and you can hear it clunking as the frost drops off. I assume the frost is melted and evaporated as I don't have to do anything.

donki 13:31 24 May 10

Awww the magical ice despenser, I don't know how we lived without it, crushed, cubed or in shards the choice is mine.

Before the "magic ice machine" we used to use a 2 trys and then empty the cubes into a back, and keep doing it. never run out that way.

Quickbeam 15:02 24 May 10

I just bought some ready made ice cubes from the coop for the first time ever... lazy I know, but they were ready to just drop into a cold drink.

ronalddonald 23:31 24 May 10

go to sainsburys tesco, asdaand iceland for some cubes

do-gull 10:40 25 May 10

this post is pointless!! :)

D.G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…