Pocket Hand Warmers

Aitchbee 21:02 09 Sep 13

Whilst going through [one] my junk drawers tonight, I happened upon 2 yellow 'starfish-shaped' objects, [I bought 'em about 5 years ago, at the onset of winter, from Aldi]. This is what is printed on 'em:-

" Bending the metal plate activates your pocket hand warmers. This causes the liquid inside to crystalise. Depending on the outside temperature, your pocket hand warmers will give up to 55C [degrees] heat for approx. 1 hour. Before using the pocket hand warmers again put them into boiling hot water until the contents are completely clear and fluid ( approx. 10 min ). Wrap the pocket hand warmers into a towel for optimal protection during/after boiling. Attention - Hot: Let the hand warmers cool before picking them up or moving them! The pocket hand warmers are now ready for you to activate again. "

I have just bent the little bit of metal inside the warmers, and after ten seconds, it was very hot.

What kind of magic is this?

Nontek 21:12 09 Sep 13
  Aitchbee 21:15 09 Sep 13

Thanks, Nontek ... I still think 'it's a kinda' magic'.

Nontek 21:17 09 Sep 13

I agree, right clever stuff!

bumpkin 22:34 09 Sep 13

Willie warmers put them in your underwear.

bumpkin 22:47 09 Sep 13

Nice one HB:-)

Aitchbee 22:48 09 Sep 13

Seriously, I think the PHW's would be a boon for any guitar-playin' busker, as it would keep their finger-pickin' fingers at an optimum finger-pickin' playin' temperature ... for a while.

bumpkin 23:00 09 Sep 13

Aithbee,do they work well with oily lycra though:-))

finerty 23:49 09 Sep 13

oh well u got to stay warm somehow, try thermal clothing

Quickbeam 07:56 10 Sep 13

The wearing of Lycra is forbidden on those of us that Adonis has forsaken in later years...

Nontek 09:20 10 Sep 13

I have electricly heated gloves which I use in winter on my scooter!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…