The Please Wait Workaround

Crosstrainer2 15:28 PM 04 Jul 11

I have found a way around this, don't know why it works but it does. After typing your post and hitting "post" if you see the dreaded "Pleas Wait" message, proceed as follows:

Select and copy the entire text of your post

Return to the root of the forum you were in.

Open the thread you tried to post to previously

Paste your reply back into the box and hit post, it's worked every time for me so far!

lotvic 15:39 PM 04 Jul 11

When I get the Please Wait I find that just 'Refreshing the page' then click on Post does it for me

Crosstrainer2 15:43 PM 04 Jul 11

But I'm impatient, and this is quicker :))

Chegs ®™ 15:51 PM 04 Jul 11

I too simply hit refresh page

Crosstrainer2 15:53 PM 04 Jul 11

Trouble is, when I do that I often get "Please Wait" again. For some reason the copy and paste method goes straight through!

spuds 16:45 PM 04 Jul 11

I use to find previously the refresh might have given a double or more entries on the page or alternatively the post went into cyber-space. Haven't had to use this method recently, so perhaps a fix as been completed?.

bremner 17:06 PM 04 Jul 11

What I find in Safari on Mac or iPad that both suggested methods sometimes work and sometimes don't.

Forum Editor 17:30 PM 04 Jul 11

We are working on the 'Please wait'issue. It's a tricky one, but we'll get there.

Meanwhile, our apologies (again) for the irritation.

Crosstrainer2 05:08 AM 05 Jul 11

FE: I like finding workarounds! :))

Autoschediastic 08:09 AM 05 Jul 11

"Covergirl" started the main thread about this OVER a month ago? im surprised nothing has been done already? Sorry FE/PCA this is NOT a dig cause i know u guys have been busy with the new servers its just that normally you have an issue fixed within hours or days?

lotvic 23:18 PM 05 Jul 11

Autoschediastic the 'Please Wait' issue was just one of the items on the very long list that they've had to work through to fix and tweak.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: When is Black Friday & what are the best tech Black Friday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the animated Christmas ad everyone's tallking about

The 84 best Mac games: Brilliant RPGs, shooting games, adventure games and puzzlers for Mac OS X