Please Wait . . .

Covergirl 13:29 PM 08 Jun 11

I'm still getting Please Wait after clicking the Publish button. Perhaps it's the bandwidth as all external sites are throttled back.

Just happened again so if you see 2 or 3 threads on GYO Mushrooms, don't be suprised.

By the way, I've identified the problem and solution in my own mind.

You'll invariably get it if you spend too long writing a response or creating a new subject.

Solution - write your response in notepad or similar and paste into this box, do the formatting & links and click Publish quick !! Or Copy the text before you click publish - if it doesn't publish, bomb out and start again.

Jwbjnwolf 14:54 PM 08 Jun 11

I am mostly having this prob when I am replying to people in threads that I have started. These accuse even when I do not spend any time replying. Thanks for the info though. I will stars doing it this way when the post is big

Strawballs 16:50 PM 08 Jun 11

Doesn't happen very often but I do the copy and paste when it does.

Jwbjnwolf 16:56 PM 08 Jun 11

same a second ago

BT 17:12 PM 08 Jun 11

Quite often getting the Reply Box without the HTML buttons along the top - Like right now!!

Jwbjnwolf 19:12 PM 08 Jun 11

When it does it with safari, a few times it has made safari close and an error appears

It is annoying when this happens

lotvic 19:16 PM 08 Jun 11

I find that refreshing the page gets rid of the 'Please Wait' and then I can click on Post and it does it straight away. Don't lose the text I've typed in the box either - although I do take the precaution of copying it just in case ;)

bremner 19:19 PM 08 Jun 11

The site can be is more problematic with Safari on a Mac or iPad but I have no problems with the site with FF4 on my iMac

Jwbjnwolf 20:10 PM 08 Jun 11

I have FF4 and Opera 11 as well but I find that I am mostly using safari as I find it the quickest

bremner 22:05 PM 08 Jun 11

I only use FF4 for this site as it outperforms the other browsers [for this site] and does not cause problems.

Strawballs 22:09 PM 08 Jun 11

I use Chrome and most of the time it's ok

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday weekend deals & best UK Cyber Monday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know