Please Wait . . .

Covergirl 13:29 PM 08 Jun 11
Answered

I'm still getting Please Wait after clicking the Publish button. Perhaps it's the bandwidth as all external sites are throttled back.

Just happened again so if you see 2 or 3 threads on GYO Mushrooms, don't be suprised.

By the way, I've identified the problem and solution in my own mind.

You'll invariably get it if you spend too long writing a response or creating a new subject.

Solution - write your response in notepad or similar and paste into this box, do the formatting & links and click Publish quick !! Or Copy the text before you click publish - if it doesn't publish, bomb out and start again.

Jwbjnwolf 14:54 PM 08 Jun 11

I am mostly having this prob when I am replying to people in threads that I have started. These accuse even when I do not spend any time replying. Thanks for the info though. I will stars doing it this way when the post is big

Jason

Strawballs 16:50 PM 08 Jun 11

Doesn't happen very often but I do the copy and paste when it does.

Jwbjnwolf 16:56 PM 08 Jun 11

same a second ago

BT 17:12 PM 08 Jun 11

Quite often getting the Reply Box without the HTML buttons along the top - Like right now!!

Jwbjnwolf 19:12 PM 08 Jun 11

When it does it with safari, a few times it has made safari close and an error appears

It is annoying when this happens

lotvic 19:16 PM 08 Jun 11

I find that refreshing the page gets rid of the 'Please Wait' and then I can click on Post and it does it straight away. Don't lose the text I've typed in the box either - although I do take the precaution of copying it just in case ;)

bremner 19:19 PM 08 Jun 11

Jwarn

The site can be is more problematic with Safari on a Mac or iPad but I have no problems with the site with FF4 on my iMac

Jwbjnwolf 20:10 PM 08 Jun 11

I have FF4 and Opera 11 as well but I find that I am mostly using safari as I find it the quickest

bremner 22:05 PM 08 Jun 11

I only use FF4 for this site as it outperforms the other browsers [for this site] and does not cause problems.

Strawballs 22:09 PM 08 Jun 11

I use Chrome and most of the time it's ok

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 vs Xperia Z5 Premium vs Xperia Z5 Compact: What's the difference between Sony's new ?…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Get $800 of free online Nuke and VRay rendering from Google Zync

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone