Please post in the right forum area.

Forum Editor 16:58 23 Feb 11

Perhaps for the benefit of newer forum members, could I please remind you to make sure that you consider carefully before posting a new thread?

We're seeing an increase in the number of threads posted in the wrong place, and particularly in Speakers Corner. This area of the forum is the place for topics of general interest, and shouldn't be used for threads that relate to problems with hardware or software, or disputes with suppliers etc.

When I see wrongly placed threads I'll move them, and when I do that I always post a message in the thread, so if you started it you'll get an email, and can find your thread in it's new home. You won't get the notification if you unchecked the notification option box when you started the thread, so if it's not where you left it, take a look in other forum areas.

Uboat 17:07 23 Feb 11

sorry FE i'm also to blame! holds his head in shame!
UB

Forum Editor 17:15 23 Feb 11

"holds his head in shame!"

No need - you're far from being the only one.

Just don't let it happen again, or you'll have to see me in my study.

Uboat 17:30 23 Feb 11

Lool you always seem to make me smile! :-)
UB

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:24 23 Feb 11

What FE hasn't told you is that his study is in Hong Kong and you'll have to pay your own fare.

:0)

sunnystaines 19:02 23 Feb 11

could this be the right time to disband the vista, w7 and beginners and use the helproom more.

morddwyd 20:18 23 Feb 11

Wouldn't do away with beginners.

Some might feel inhibited about using the Helproom, which can get quite hi tech sometimes, for what they themselves see as a stupid (but insurmountable to them) question.

Forum Editor 00:11 24 Feb 11

to start a general discussion about the forum areas.

We're going to launch a redesigned version of the site soon, and I'm sure there'll be plenty to talk about then. This was simply a reminder about using the best forum area for different types of content.

birdface 09:01 24 Feb 11

I think I have posted about 3 times in the last year on the wrong Forum area.
Nobody more annoyed than myself for doing so[except the FE of course.]
The wife keeps telling me I keep repeating myself.
The wife keeps telling me I keep repeating myself.
The first sign of demensia creeping in maybe.
I will definately try harder not to do it again as it should not happen in the first place.
So Guilty as charged m'lord.

Big L 266 09:31 24 Feb 11

Hello.

buteman....I have more repeats than a bucketload of radishes!Its not the talking to myself I'm annoyed at,its the replies I give myself I get the hump with!

Oh look,men in white coats outside.See you in the home for the bewildered buteman!

Big L 266

birdface 12:15 24 Feb 11

Hi.I was thinking it was an age thing but have came to the conclusion it is an easy mistake to make.
Just a matter of checking that you are on the correct forum area at the time.
The problem is that you cannot remember shifting area's in the first place.
Never mind the men in the white coats just don't go into the bright light at the end of the tunnel.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017