Plastic fraud

Kate B 17:12 01 May 07

GRRRRRRRRRR. I've just discovered that some toerag has helped himself to nearly £3,000 from my bank account. I'm really cross about it as I'm very careful about protecting my card details. It's all being investigated but in the meantime, quite apart from it all being a horrible shock, I'm without a debit card, which take up to 10 days to replace.

Jak_1 17:14 01 May 07

Sorry to hear that Kate, not a nice thing to happen to you.

Forum Editor 17:17 01 May 07

It's happened to me, too, so I know how you feel. The worst part about it is being without the card, although my bank was pretty helpful, they got my new one to me in about six days.

Kate B 17:22 01 May 07

The good thing is that the system made me realise fairly quickly: my card suddenly didn't work, though I knew there was plenty of money in the account. Beetled into my local branch and we spotted the transactions immediately. Thanks for the supportive words, I appreciate it.

anskyber 17:45 01 May 07

Very sorry to hear the news, in fact I think you seem calmer than I would be.

mammak 17:45 01 May 07

Thats an awful thing to happen Kate you must feel pretty bad about it group hug needed here me thinks.

Kate B 17:48 01 May 07

I'm not. I've been swearing my head off!

Kate B 17:49 01 May 07

Thanks for the offer of the group hug, mammak - all hugs are always welcome!

anskyber 17:57 01 May 07

HUUUUUUG!

alB 18:01 01 May 07

How rotten for you, I hope you win the lottery tomorrow evening to make up for your loss ...alB

FungusBoggieman 18:03 01 May 07

sorry to here you news kate b

have a word with your bank,

we here get a phone call from our bank if large transactions are trying to be made and for unuseral spending to,if this happens our account is frozen to stop it, might be worth a try for the future

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…