Plastic Carrier Bags

realist 12:59 16 Feb 09

Our town is intent upon becoming "plastic bag free" by the summer, even the WI is feverishly cutting-up old bedsheets and turning them into nice cosy e-friendly shopping bags.

That's all very well, and no doubt good, but I find carrier bags very handy for all sorts of things so I've ordered a thousand recycled bags in my choice of colour (green) size (big) and strength (strong).

How do you manage without them?

sunnystaines 17:06 16 Feb 09

we make good use of our ones for all sorts of things.

peter99co 17:12 16 Feb 09

Are the thousand recycled bags likely to be recycled a second time?

I only ask because that is a lot of bags for personal use.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:23 16 Feb 09

I miss the ASDA plastic bags, made good Bin Liners, the paid for bin liners don't seem to fit the bin properly.

:0(

The Brigadier 17:37 16 Feb 09

Yep miss using them for that reason.

Covergirl 12:36 17 Feb 09

Hopefully the ones you have ordered are bio-degradeable, otherwise you'll be stuck with them for years :-)

Condom 13:13 17 Feb 09

When in the UK I also always use the local Tesco or Sainsburys bags a second time as bin liners. Out here in Bangkok Tesco Lotus throw bin bags at you and often the till girl only puts one item in a bag so I have lots of them which also get used as bin liners. These bags are all recyclable so what is the big problem with them?

Mind you out here if you leave out a cardboard box iy vanishes in 20 seconds as they have people collecting all sorts of things for other uses. They even make lovely ladies bracelets from the plastic tops of soda water bottles and if you didn't know where the finished article came from came from you would never guess

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…